ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FolderSize o DirectorySize with rules or filters

(1/9) > >>

Contro:
I am going mad because the behaviour of dropbox and syncless to synchronize several folders. Syncless writes changes control inside each folder affects.
The name of these folders are : .syncless (hidden) and _synclessArchive.

I would like to control the size of a group of folders "discounting" the size of these folders : .syncless and _synclessArchive.
Really I only need to select a windows folder and determine its size discounting all the .syncless and _synclessArchive may contain inside it.

I hope you can help me.

Example : the folder Fol1 contains ten subfolders (two of them are those of syncless) and the other eight contains four subfolders each one (two of them are those of syncless). I wan to know the total size of the folder Fol1 discounting the size of the syncless type folders.....

Best Regards

Of course any other program with more possibilities is welcome.

Contro:
Nobody knows ?  :(

I think something like this may help me :
"File Manipulator

File Manipulator is the ultimate file/folder manipulation utility. It allows you to create self-contained Droplets to Move, Copy, Delete, and Rename files/folders, Change File Types and Creators, Log files, and more. You can limit which files are manipulated using a variety of powerful criteria, including Size, Label, Name, Attributes, Comments, Image Type, Version, etc. File Manipulator and the Droplets created by it run natively on Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X."

But for windows.

The idea of conditions seems perfect.

Best Regards

nudone:
i think something like Directory Opus could be used or any other decent file manager program.

you would do it be viewing the parent folder in "flat view" mode. this kind of view reveals all sub folders and files (within the parent folder).

the normal "tree" parent/child view becomes "flat" so you see everything together.

after that, you could list the folders by name and easily select the ones you want to know the sizes of (or deselect the ones you don't).

Contro:
I'll try and comments.
I hope can save a view of a folder excluding certain elements and display the desired information as the folder size discounting thos elements

timns:
DOpus can definitely do that. You can select files based on all sorts of clever rules, and as nudone says, that if combined with 'flat' view should work quite well.

There's a very good support forum for DOpus which would probably have the details already.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version