Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:49:16 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: That NANY badge  (Read 17951 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »

Back to the nursery with the anonymous nany!
What about 5 NANY badges? Lose the x and uppercase the acronym!

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »

Page showing number of entries should sort from the highest number to the lowest
Page showing year of entry should sort from current year backwards

fixed.
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »

So does the number represent how many years someone has participated? Or how many entries?

CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »

So does the number represent how many years someone has participated? Or how many entries?

It presently reflects "years."

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2011, 06:09:12 PM »

done.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »

done.

Would it not make more sence to simply have it say "NANY Participant for ONE/TWO/THREE event" - Would mean more to new users I guess?  huh

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »

If we're simply counting, it should be number of apps, but I would say that  tongue

skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2011, 06:49:45 PM »

This whole badge thing is unfair.  it's totally programmer-biased.  I'll take any badge I can get.  How about an ass badge?  I think I'm pretty exceptional at being an ass.

Do you use Linux in any capacity?  If so, you can add that badge to your profile yourself.  Or, you can draw a picture of Cody and get a Cody badge.   cheesy

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »

Back to the nursery with the anonymous nany!

Would that be the "next" NANY badge?

I always thought those colors screamed: Fisher-Price!!!  Wink

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:04:58 PM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2011, 07:06:01 PM »

This whole badge thing is unfair.  it's totally programmer-biased.  I'll take any badge I can get.  How about an ass badge?  I think I'm pretty exceptional at being an ass.

Do you use Linux in any capacity?  If so, you can add that badge to your profile yourself.  Or, you can draw a picture of Cody and get a Cody badge.   cheesy

I'm fetching my crayons right now. The cody badge is about the nicest one of all  Kiss

Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »

Hmmm... my first impression on seeing them was "very nice!"  Then the digits, "01," "03" and the "05" on the badges provoked an instinctive perception the digits were "years." 

+1

I think the leading zero is unnecessary...

Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2011, 07:55:15 PM »

If we're simply counting, it should be number of apps, but I would say that  tongue

...not lines of code??  Wink

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »

This might be nitpicky, but is there any way to list which NANYs a person participated in on the badge page?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2011, 08:31:13 PM »

if you click on a user, you go to their profile page, which then lists each YEAR's badge.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »

if you click on a user, you go to their profile page, which then lists each YEAR's badge.

Aha! And I see that they use the same graphic as the ones here on the forum, which explains why they have the leading zero, so they can be used as a counter AND a year.

Brilliant! Thanks!

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:20 AM »

Hmmm... my first impression on seeing them was "very nice!"  Then the digits, "01," "03" and the "05" on the badges provoked an instinctive perception the digits were "years." 

Maybe we could consider just single digits "1," "3" and the "5" centered in the lower portion?

I agree, it would be clearer - designwise, I think you might not even have to center the digits

Tom
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2011, 04:14:06 AM »

The solution here is obviously to participate in every NANY for the next several years until you the number of years you've participated gets into the double digits. Thmbsup

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2011, 04:27:28 AM »

just another idea. display the number (whatever it may mean) using "pegs"...

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »

Quote from: nudone
just another idea. display the number (whatever it may mean) using "pegs"...

Congratulations! You've joined the ranks of those before whom I'm prepared to kneel.

Mind you, even kneeling and with my nose pressed against the screen I can't make out that graphic element. Now I'm having trouble with my peg leg…

Chris
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »

Thank you.

You will be glad to know that the "pegs" icon is version 2. The first icon used "pegs" each with an area of 1 pixel by 1 pixel. This new improved version has pegs with an over generous 2 x 2 pixel area.

I always say it's worth going that extra pixel, erm, i mean extra mile, for those that appreciate it.
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2011, 07:46:43 AM »

Thank you.

You will be glad to know that the "pegs" icon is version 2. The first icon used "pegs" each with an area of 1 pixel by 1 pixel. This new improved version has pegs with an over generous 2 x 2 pixel area.

I always say it's worth going that extra pixel, erm, i mean extra mile, for those that appreciate it.

Could you make them eye-strain powder blue while you're at it? I like eye-strain powder blue screen elements. They're so web 2.0! They're so..."simply Picasso" artsy! tongue
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:48:53 AM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »

how about this one instead.

it's a special magic icon that will display all the NANY information you wish to see. only DC members that truly believe in Cody will be able to see it; it might take a while for it to appear so don't be concerned if you have to stare at this post for several minutes.

focus your eyes here -->  <-- and wait for the magic to appear.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2011, 09:56:30 AM »

it's a special magic icon that will display all the NANY information you wish to see.

By George, you're right!  That's so clever!
Even kneeling I can see nothing so it's true, I can see all the information that I wish to see.

Chris
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »

Would that be the "next" NANY badge?
 (see attachment in previous post)
I always thought those colors screamed: Fisher-Price!!!  Wink

Nice job on that, 40hz. You make it look like child's play!

Chris
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:55 AM »

Now my eyes actually look like that:

> _ <

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.055s | Server load: 0.12 ]