ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

That NANY badge

<< < (9/21) > >>

Deozaan:
2012 is the next one  :huh:
-mouser (January 15, 2011, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh. Erm... So are you saying it's too late to start on my NANY 2011 now? :P :-[

wraith808:
Umm... yeah.  :-[

CodeTRUCKER:
I'll chime in here and cast my vote for...

No color distinction. 

Leave the colors as they are.  Why?  It's simpler and using distinct colors has some issues, to wit...

* NANY will lose the continuity that is *presently* ensconced and immediately recognizable.
* For the viewers, there would be no rhyme or reason to it unless you had *all* the badges to "see" the spectrum.
* What sequence of colors would you start with?  Do you start  on the "red" side of the spectrum and go through to the "blue," or start with the "blue" side of the spectrum and go through to "red?"  Random colors?
* How many colors could be reasonably used before you would have to start over.  Sure, you can get 65,000,000+ colors out of 32-bit, but how many colors could reasonably be used in so small a space that could be easily distinguished?  How many would show up with proper contrast? Maybe 8, I think.
* At some point the "text" will lose the contrast and will be hard to discern.
* Keep in mind a fair amount of the population have to deal with color-blindness.     

On the positive side, the numerical distinction will be completely unique at least for about a century.  Besides I think the colors are just fine.  :)

Not trying to be rain on anyone's parade, but I needed to add an element to this discussion that was missing, IMO.

Calvin

Perry Mowbray:
I agree with codeTrucker...

I'll chime in here and cast my vote for...

No color distinction.  

-CodeTRUCKER (January 16, 2011, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same colour keeps some visual conformity...

I maybe would wonder about having a different colour for Entrant and Admin (/and maybe volunteer)... I know from this year where my NANY entry was a miserable failure (as far as completing goes), and it would be nice not to have that confusion in the badges.

timns:
I maybe would wonder about having a different colour for Entrant and Admin (/and maybe volunteer)... I know from this year where my NANY entry was a miserable failure (as far as completing goes), and it would be nice not to have that confusion in the badges.
-Perry Mowbray (January 16, 2011, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good one! Once the year is different for each badge, that's probably all the distinction they need. But being able to earn new badges for any type of involvement is good: I think it would encourage yet more participation on other levels than just the coding part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version