ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fantastic Rant ...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
nevertheless I love the sentiments-Carol Haynes (January 08, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

As do I. The nay sayers should really stop and think really hard about what they are doing. This woman should be wontedly willed into existence, given a name, and then publicized until every man, woman, and child on the planet knows it by heart. Her name (now a common household word) should then become the 8th dirty word you can't use on television and reserved for exclusive use on bank personnel when they are once again trying to stick it in to the elbow.

Places like Bank of America, which I just pulled out of last week because their constant fees were draining my savings account. They actually have the balls to charge me for using my money?!? Oh hell no.

I think they should erect a statue of this woman in the center of every town as a hero to the common man ... and then hang a banker from it, at least once a year ... Just until they (the banks) start catching on to the whole when enough is enough thing.

cranioscopical:
I think they should erect a statue of this woman in the center of every town as a hero to the common man ... and then hang a banker from it
-Stoic Joker (January 08, 2011, 01:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personally I think the arm of the statue should be held aloft and the banker caused to adopt a fundamental position on that  :o

4wd:
Personally I think the arm of the statue should be held aloft and the banker caused to adopt a fundamental position on that  :o-cranioscopical (January 08, 2011, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

That could imply that the banker are mere puppets - personally I favour drawn and quartering.

Renegade:
Banks are little more than legalized criminal institutions. They are amoral, deceitful, evil agencies.

Credit creation through fractional reserve banking essentially hands over the money supply to banks allowing them to print money. It moves sovereign currencies from the state to private banks. Today, there are no more sovereign currencies. The money is controlled by private interests. This is NOT in the best interests of the people of the state.

The overnight lending rate is obtained by temporarily stealing funds from people. When you transfer money, those funds take a few days to clear. During that time, the bank has control of that money. They then use it for overnight lending to profit from it. It does not belong to them, yet they profit from it and give nothing to the rightful owners.

The subprime mortgage crisis is yet another example of how irresponsible greed ran wild.

There is no end to the laundry list of evil there.

I have more respect for drug dealing and prostitution than for the financial industry. Drug dealers sell a product with everyone knowing full well what it is. Prostitutes sell a service under similar terms.

Banks and financial institutions on the other hand pimp out their services under false pretenses and conceal the true nature of their business. They are deceitful and evil.

40hz:
Banks are little more than legalized criminal institutions. They are amoral, deceitful, evil agencies.

Banks and financial institutions on the other hand pimp out their services under false pretenses and conceal the true nature of their business. They are deceitful and evil.

-Renegade (January 08, 2011, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Renegade - love reading your words - and generally think the world of you - but c'mon...you've got to get the hyperbole under control a little better for 2011.   ;D

While I've read it before, it was well worth reading it again. :)
-Stoic Joker (January 07, 2011, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Guess I did too. Snopes covered this "letter" previously. Link to it here.

Update: I now see the same Snopes link has begun showing up in the comments that follow the LinkedIn article starting yesterday.

Some are reporting it is apparently a fake - but nevertheless I love the sentiments  :-\
-Carol Haynes (January 08, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Spot on! Just because it isn't real doesn't make it any less true. A subtle point that. But it's an important one. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version