Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 21, 2014, 09:47:59 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: HTML Mail Merge  (Read 14425 times)
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »

I fixed the download links in the release message, thanks for reporting that. As a workaround you could have gone to the DCMembers page, and grabbed the download from there.

bootz15
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:08 AM »

Eureka! Great job! Thmbsup
bootz15
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »

I just noticed that cell formulas aren't calculated in the the html output (only the formula definition is displayed). Not sure if it's possible to do this, but it would be a cool feature.  Cool
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »

cell formulas aren't calculated in the the html output (only the formula definition is displayed).
It is supposed to display the result of the calculation, not the formula, with some exceptions (imposed by the POI project...) : It can not process custom/user formulas, as it doesn't know how to handle the VBA involved. And it won't until someone implements a VBA interpreter in Java ohmy
There are more restrictions on formula's as described in this Apache POI page
I tested with quite simple '=J2+J3' etc. formula's (that didn't get into the demo data, but will be in the next update) and that works just fine.

Can you give an example of a formula (and an expected result, if possible) that doesn't compute?

I did some investigation, and it seems I need to re-evaluate all formulas when reading them. That requires another library jar (ooxml-schemas instead of the much smaller poi-ooxml-schemas) so the download will increase quite a bit. I'll release v2.0.1.0 shortly after this message (v2.0.0.1 is already available with just minor changes, but I didn't have time to write the announcement).

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »

Now that I've solved the formula evaluation issue, as reported by bootz15 I can announce the update:

The what's new is added to the original release thread.

A full re-download is required as I had to replace one of the .jar libraries with a more extensive version ('ooxml-schemas' replacing 'poi-ooxml-schemas') but that's also ~10 MB larger ohmy

Comments, requests, remarks, etc. are all welcome Kiss

bootz15
Supporting Member

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »

I can confirm that basic formula calculation is now working! Thmbsup

(Don't worry -- +10MB is chump-change these days Wink)
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 04:15:11 AM »

+10MB is chump-change these days
It's a bit annoying to me that to deliver a < 19 kB application .jar file, a download of 15+ MB is needed tellme

I added 2 new command-line parameters to Excel2Html, so here it is, a new release:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:19:43 AM by Ath; Reason: comment on 10 MB » Logged

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »

I added a Linux .sh script after some testing on Ubuntu linux, so here it is, a new release:

DeVamp
Supporting Member

Let the coding begin :-)

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 06:48:06 AM »

Hi,

I've played a bit with your program and have the following question:

How to use <!-- EXCEL2HTML - COLUMN1 --> in single file mode.

When I place that in my template, I only get 1 line as result.
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »

How to use <!-- EXCEL2HTML - COLUMN1 --> in single file mode.

When I place that in my template, I only get 1 line as result.
Added 2 new tags for looping over the selected rows producing repeatedly the same template-section with different data. Example (xml) included.

I'm now officially planning some kind of filtering support.

DeVamp
Supporting Member

Let the coding begin :-)

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 02:14:05 AM »

Great.
This update will save me a lot of copy/paste. :-)

Thats why I like this site so much.
Developers who listen to their audience.

Thank you very much.
kfitting
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »

Just noticed this thread... dont know how useful the information will be, but here are some articles about html output from excel.  Very related to formatting, but still might be interesting.

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2012/02/08/turning-an-excel-table-into-css/
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2012/02/15/making-a-wiki-table/
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »

Thanks for these interesting links and site!

But those articles weren't written when I wrote Excel2Html cheesy, and they require Excel to be used, so it won't run unattended on a server or on Linux, if that is a requirement.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.07 ]