ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Full screen capture

(1/2) > >>

vulcan84:
Early last year I used an earlier version of Screenshot Captor and I'm sure I could capture fullscreen images. For example captures from games which ran full screen.

I recently changed my graphics card to a Nvidia GTX460 and all I get now from a full screen capture is a completely black image. Not sure if this is a limition of Screenshot Captor,  the new graphics card, or a setting.

The OS is Vista.

Any help appreciated.

Vulcan84

mouser:
I wonder if this is your problem:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16024.0

vulcan84:
Thanks for the quick reply but not sure what in that thread relates to my problem so here are a few more details then you can let me know how much more information you need  ;)

The screen shots I am trying to capture are from MS Flight SimX acceleration running full screen not windowed. Captures from windowed mode work fine.

I am not running any browser while FSX or screenshot captor is running.

I am using Avast anti-virus and with it turned off I still get just a black capture.

Screenshot Captor is set to save the grabs automatically, no 'after capture' pop-up enabled. However with that pop-up enabled it shows the captured image just as a black image and when I discard the image I am returned to a black screen, not an image of FSX.
To get FSX to display I have to switch it back to windowed mode.
Hope that gives you more clues.

vulcan84

mouser:
here is the most important question:

does SC take good full screenshot images when ms flight sim is not running? is it ONLY flight sim that has this problem?

vulcan84:
Hmm, interesting.

I can capture the desktop OK.

I have 2 racing sims, 1 I can capture full screen images, the other one no image at all is captured?

From the above it looks as if the problem could be FSX but no idea why the racing sim won't even capture an image!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version