ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NoClose - and how to change hotkeys to alt & something

(1/2) > >>

ClosedIn:
NoClose ist pretty close to a solution of one of my computer problems. A nice small and yet powerful tool.

But:

How can I change the hotkeys from control+something to alt+ctrl+shift+something because all the ctrl+ keys are used already?

Or:

How can I disable the hotkeys of the program completely? If all the windows I close unintendedly all time are happily blocked from closing, I don't use the hotkeys any more - or only if I want to add new windows to be blocked.

Thanks in advance

Curt:
The author of NoClose is not likely to read this thread. But of course you have a chance if you can persuade skwire to edit skrommel's NoClose one more time.
However, you may want to check out Dkmy instead:

Title: Dkmy
Programmer: Ethan
Requester: mouser
Download Version 1.00.00 (2/06/06)

Hide or show the close box of a window to avoid accidental closure
New In This Version: C++ source code included(!).

"homepage": https://www.donationcoder.com/CodingSnacks/index.php +scroll almost all down
--- End quote ---

Yes, this one too is old. But I would be surprised if it doesn't work for you.

Curt:
and of course there is the payware solution http://www.actualtools.com/windowguard/ that will do what you need.

AndyM:
I might be jumping the gun on this since I haven't doublechecked, but it appears that the hotkeys are in the noclose.ini file. 

I don't use the hotkeys, so I assume these two lines from noclose.ini are the default hotkeys:

--- ---swap=^!Numpad4
add=^!Numpad6
this is an AutoHotkey script, so these are AutoHotkey key notations.  Check AutoHotkey help for the key notations for the keys you want to use.  Then edit noclose.ini with a text editor like Notepad.

AndyM:
Next time I'll check before I post.

Right click on the NoClose tray icon.  Click "Settings"  and the dialog box to set the hotkeys appears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version