topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: My Challenge to you in the New Year (2011) - Donate to a content creator  (Read 2853 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I have a challenge to everyone on the DonationCoder.com forum, and everyone who reads this, for the new year.

The challenge is simple: Donate something to someone who is creating content you like on the web.

This can be someone making music, art, software, whatever.  Just find someone who is asking for optional donations for their work, and send them some money.  If you can't afford to send any money, then at least send them an email, tell them how you appreciate their work.

I think it's way past overdue time for us to begin to shift our thinking from paying only when we are forced to, and expecting everything to be free (and financed through ads or scams, or whatever).

So find someone who creating content and making it available for free, and surprise and thrill them with a contribution and an email telling them to keep up the good work.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Been doing it for many years, and it feels good man. It's not the amount, it's the feedback, the recognition, or appreciation that is worth a lot.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I plan to be intentional about this, this year.