The idea of the website is to let one or more people in a group manage a collection of quotes from users, links to online reviews, email testimonials, and feedback comments.
Many websites keep a collection of links to reviews, awards, email comments, etc. that praise their products. Typically this list is created by hand and placed in a box on a website somewhere, with a heading something like "What people say about us" or "Awards we have won."
But there are problems with maintaining such a list by hand and UserQuotes.com was designed to solve these problems:
- Allows collective management of quotes/reviews/awards, so a *team* of people can add and manage items together.
- Allows anonymous users to submit feedback form or add new items, but these items are not made public until the team appoves them; gives you control over what items are shown.
- Site automatically fetches screenshot grabs of web pages (with reviews, etc.) and makes a thumbnail image of the web page (or directly of an award graphic).
- In addition to reduced size thumbnails, the site will also grab a FULL image of the entire webpage and a text version of the webpage. If the review page *ever* goes offline, users can still read the cached original.
- Tags let you organize sets of quotes into logical groups and present them to users. So a team can manager a collection of quotes about multiple projects, and you can choose different subsets of these to show on different pages.
- You can embed random quote boxes in different styles and themes on your own site's pages. Or just send people to the UserQuotes.com page to browse.
UserQuotes.com is currently in a *VERY* ROUGH BETA state. Don't expect to be able to use this for your real projects yet. Most features work well, but some final finishing touches are really in rough shape which will make it hard to actually deploy for real yet. But we are working on it, so stay tuned.