ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (15/18) > >>

tranglos:
Clicked on one of them, sorry don't remember which one, and I got this pop-up:
-bob99 (January 15, 2011, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perfectly normal. It's the Windows Firewall making sure you want to permit ER to use the network.

Most stations use port 80, so ER looks just like a web browser to the firewall. But some stations run on other ports, and if Windows Firewall hasn't yet seen ER access one of those non-typical ports, it may pop up the prompt. Allow or deny as you prefer.

bob99:

Thanks. My thoughts were it had to be something to do with the station since it hadn't happened before on others.  Didn't think about the station wanting to come in using a different port.

iebbed:
Just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks for a fabulous little piece of software.
Living near the flood stricken region of SE QLD Australia I found myself safe but without phone, TV, radio or mobile phone reception yet amazing still had internet connection.
Your program enabled me to tune into the local and regional radio stations and get the latest news, and updates on the flood and road closures.
Thank you!  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Just wanted to give my heartfelt thanks for a fabulous little piece of software.
Living near the flood stricken region of SE QLD Australia I found myself safe but without phone, TV, radio or mobile phone reception yet amazing still had internet connection.
Your program enabled me to tune into the local and regional radio stations and get the latest news, and updates on the flood and road closures.
-iebbed (January 16, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's an awesome first post.   :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
-iebbed (January 16, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's an awesome first post.   :Thmbsup:
-skwire (January 17, 2011, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
No kidding!  It's really great to hear stuff like that.  Tranglos has really done a lot for people in his coding career.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version