ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (6/18) > >>

epopuI:
Works well as a simple radio player - it would be nice to have a very low memory radio player without all the cosmetics - good luck with the coding

Perry Mowbray:
I was thinking something tiny (but with basic buttons) to tuck away somewhere: (see attachment in previous post)
-Perry Mowbray (January 02, 2011, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like that! There is some tricker involved in making a Delphi application that has multiple, switchable "main" windows, but I think I know how to make it work. -tranglos (January 02, 2011, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like the existing window... it's just got more information in it than I'd like when I'm listening to the radio and working on something else  :)

(What did you use to design this screenshot?)
-tranglos (January 02, 2011, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Knowing Perry, he probably just made the form (none-working ofc) lol - I know thats what I would have done....easiest way haha
-Stephen66515 (January 02, 2011, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not quite, recently I've been playing with Cacoo:

As it offers the ability to collaborate on interface...

Link to drawing: https://cacoo.com/diagrams/TYBg7dVsuVybmBla

KynloStephen66515:
Not quite, recently I've been playing with Cacoo:
(see attachment in previous post)

As it offers the ability to collaborate on interface...

Link to drawing: https://cacoo.com/diagrams/TYBg7dVsuVybmBla
-Perry Mowbray (January 02, 2011, 05:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, that looks really good, ill have to signup to it later

mouser:
one thing i would like is that the search box seems to only search for a string -- it would really be nice to be able to search for multiple words anywhere, for i could type: england,jazz to find entries that have the word england somewhere AND the word jazz somewhere.  obviously one could get more fancy but basic AND / OR would be nice.

tranglos:
Mouser, I think this is one of the "goes without saying" things :) It's totally on the list, and it's important, but the list is crowded at the top.

I've already implemented a few critical features since the initial release, so there will be a new release in a few days. Right now I'm trying to find out if there's a Delphi implementation of ISimpleAudioVolume interface - and there doesn't seem to be. I expected volume control was going to be easy...

On edit: There is of course a lot more to be improved in the search window. Right now it doesn't display match count, and afer you hit enter you can't easily get back to the search input box - plenty of basic stuff like this. No history, no clearing, no notification on "match not found", etc. I should ahve waited for NANY 2012!

And I'll need to add some kind of synonym substitution as well.  For example, for stations in the US, the database contains "United States". If you type "USA" instead, you won't get what you expect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version