ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio 0.2.4

<< < (3/18) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
The Favorites function should already work. Start playing any station, then hit "F" or right-click and choose "Favorite station". The heart icon in the status bar should change color, and the station should now appear under the Favorites menu.

-tranglos (January 01, 2011, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: That works!! Don't know why I couldn't think "F" for "Favourites  ;)

tranglos:
No Favourites, No Memo, No History... but I love it too  :-*

Will there be even a more minimal interface option?
-Perry Mowbray (January 01, 2011, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes for favorites, and there will certainly be history. The basic code for that is in place, I just have to actually write the history data to the database. I've planned some trickery, e.g. Favorites can be sorted by how often or for how long they have been played... but the history information is not preserved in this version.

More minimal? :) I haven't thought about it yet. Probably not anything like Winamp's "rolled up" style though, because it cannot be done very well with standard,. non-skinned windows.

I'll talk about skinning later, but the bottom line is, no skins. Standard UI only, that's what works.

tranglos:

:Thmbsup: That works!! Don't know why I couldn't think "F" for "Favourites  ;)
-Perry Mowbray (January 01, 2011, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Always right-click everything - especially everything written by me :) I've added the menu command to the main menu too, so it'll be easier to see.

Perry Mowbray:
More minimal? :) I haven't thought about it yet. Probably not anything like Winamp's "rolled up" style though, because it cannot be done very well with standard,. non-skinned windows.

I'll talk about skinning later, but the bottom line is, no skins. Standard UI only, that's what works.
-tranglos (January 01, 2011, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.. I don't want skins either or visualisations... was just thinking of a smaller window, or more controls in the Task Icon (and hotkeys?).

tranglos:
No.. I don't want skins either or visualisations... was just thinking of a smaller window, or more controls in the Task Icon (and hotkeys?).
-Perry Mowbray (January 01, 2011, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hotkeys definitely - to bring up the main window, start and stop playing. As for the task icon menu, what else do you think should be there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version