ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dreamy Monitor...

<< < (6/7) > >>

Renegade:
I gave up on wanting brightness levels to be triggered by an event as I realised that the "working" monitor would simply be the one I'm staring at, i.e. the computer has no idea what my eyeballs are doing.
-nudone (December 31, 2010, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

It'd be neat if you could use a webcam to do that  :P
-Perry Mowbray (December 31, 2010, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

hahaha~! That was my first thought as well! Eye tracking... don't know how to do it, but it would be very cool!

Ath:
Anyone hacked a Kinect already? :D

Perry Mowbray:
I gave up on wanting brightness levels to be triggered by an event as I realised that the "working" monitor would simply be the one I'm staring at, i.e. the computer has no idea what my eyeballs are doing.
-nudone (December 31, 2010, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

It'd be neat if you could use a webcam to do that  :P
-Perry Mowbray (December 31, 2010, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

hahaha~! That was my first thought as well! Eye tracking... don't know how to do it, but it would be very cool!
-Renegade (December 31, 2010, 05:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

My logitech webcam zooms to keep me in frame...

You'd have to calibrate it, eh?...

* Step One: Look at Monitor One
* Step Two: Look at (the centre of) Monitor Two
* Step etc: Look at...
 :P

AndyM:
I remember being wowed sometime back in the 60s or 70s reading about a prototype aiming system for helicopter guns using some kind of helmet mounted sensors that tracked the pilot's eyeball.  The guns (or maybe rockets) were aimed where the pilot looked, and fired when the pilot blinked in a certain overstated way.

The helmet was pretty big, but that was a long time ago.  So the technology exists (?) to register which monitor the user is looking at.

cranioscopical:
So the technology exists (?) to register which monitor the user is looking at.
-AndyM (December 31, 2010, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not to mention blowing it to smithereens  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version