ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dreamy Monitor...

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
I need a new monitor as my portrait one died. I've decided on a Samsung BX2440, but then I saw this:

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/pc-peripherals/monitor/business-monitor/LS23MURHB/XP/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&returnurl=

Oh god oh god oh god oh god~! I want 1. Errr... Make that 2! Give me 180 degree monitors~!  :huh:  :up:  :D

It doesn't have portrait mode, but I'd forgive that small omission. :P

But at $4k... Ummm... I'll go with the BX2440 for now. :)

Deozaan:
I just got a nice 25.5" 1920x1200 monitor for Christmas and I have to say that I'm so happy with it that that giant screen isn't even desirable to me at this time. (But it sure looks cool!)

Though another one of these 25.5" monitors would be awesome for my dual screen setup. :D

nudone:
now that i've got the monitor arrangement below, i've found myself hardly ever using the top monitor. it just seems too high up and uncomfortable to look at. too annoying to move the mouse up there too. maybe i need to sit higher up, or just make more of an effort.

so, for me, multi-monitor setups tend to look cool but aren't really that practical. i think a good setup would be something like two 1920 x 1200 (24") screens. maybe ones that you can flip to portrait.

timns:
I have 3 monitors. I'm with nudone about that 4th one... it's just not ergonomic to keep looking up.

At the moment I have 19" - 25" - 19" and I reckon the best layout for me would be 19" - 25" - 22"

Having said that, I did have an optimus prime keyboard for a while and I loved the monitor-like possibilities on the keyboard itself.

Unfortunately the OP is HOPELESS as a keyboard, so it's just dumped in the corner getting dusty - more on that one day. I have been threatening to set fire to it or something ;)

So I think one extra thingy that would be nice - a tiny touch screen on the left of the keyboard with dynamic function 'buttons'

Luckily I am left-handed but use my mouse on the right side, so the touch screen could nestle right up against the keyboard. Are there such things? I vaguely remember a thread about that on DC somewhere but can't find it offhand.

Renegade:
now that i've got the monitor arrangement below, i've found myself hardly ever using the top monitor. it just seems too high up and uncomfortable to look at. too annoying to move the mouse up there too. maybe i need to sit higher up, or just make more of an effort.

so, for me, multi-monitor setups tend to look cool but aren't really that practical. i think a good setup would be something like two 1920 x 1200 (24") screens. maybe ones that you can flip to portrait.

(see attachment in previous post)
-nudone (December 29, 2010, 04:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice setup~! :D

I like to play movies or TV shows on one monitor while I work. It's just nice to have some noise.

The 4th top one would be perfect for that.

My current setup is 22" - 15" - 24". The 22" died -- going to try to revive it -- but I'm not expecting any miracles. It's getting replaced tomorrow with a 24" Samsung BX2440 -- it has portrait mode, which is important. I'm kind of hoping that I can procrastinate reviving the 22", get the 24", then revive the 22", and get rid of the 15". However, with the iMac on the desk as well, that's a bit crowded.

I want the dreamy 6-panel monitor~! ;(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version