topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cynic.me - My new ranty fun place =D  (Read 4237 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Cynic.me - My new ranty fun place =D
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I finally settled on a domain name, and I've got my first serious post up there:

http://cynic.me/

Anyways, just wanted to thank people for helping out with the domain name. And let everyone know about my new fun place~! :)

On a side note, I'm liking WordPress more and more.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cynic.me - My new ranty fun place =D
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:41 PM »
I like the layout/appearance  :Thmbsup:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Wow! When we all said "Get a blog, man!" you really took it to heart didn't you? ;D

The site looks really good. Especially the 'serrify' font and the non-blingy, non-Web 2.0 newspaper vibe. Feels like something a cranky person would host. Sarah Palin, our current crank Diva (in every sense of the words 'crank' and 'Diva'), would probably feel right at home since something about it also says "ALASKA!" to me - even though for no particular reason I could ever hope to explain. And no, I have not been drinking. (Think maybe I should start?)

Seriously however, looks really good. Looking forward to listening to you vent. Probably won't comment all that often since I tend to agree with you more often than not. (Hmmm...wonder what that says about me?)

Best luck! :Thmbsup: See ya around the campus!  8)

P. S. +1 with you on Wordpress. I must have tried 20 CMS/blog platforms before deciding to go the WP route on a site I'm in the middle of planning. It is just one very cool piece of code. And the community that formed around it is terrific too. Good code. Good people. (40hz is completely happy with a platform software decision for once. Might even be a first now that he's thinking about it. )
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:51 PM by 40hz »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:47 PM »
Wow! When we all said "Get a blog, man!" you really took it to heart didn't you? ;D

The site looks really good. Especially the 'serrify' font and the non-blingy, non-Web 2.0 newspaper vibe. Feels like something a cranky person would host. Sarah Palin, our current crank Diva (in every sense of the words 'crank' and 'Diva'), would probably feel right at home since something about it also says "ALASKA!" to me - even though for no particular reason I could ever hope to explain. And no, I have not been drinking. (Think maybe I should start?)

It's just a theme I got from WordPress. It seemed bright and cheery, so there we go! :)

I thought the same thing though - Alaska. Or West Coast North America at the least.

Seriously however, looks really good. Looking forward to listening to you vent. Probably won't comment all that often since I tend to agree with you more often than not. (Hmmm...wonder what that says about me?)

Hahaha~! We do tend to agree on just about everything.

BTW - Are you at peace with your inner-sociopath? :P :D

P. S. +1 with you on Wordpress. I must have tried 20 CMS/blog platforms before deciding to go the WP route on a site I'm in the middle of planning. It is just one very cool piece of code. And the community that formed around it is terrific too. Good code. Good people. (40hz is completely happy with a platform software decision for once. Might even be a first now that he's thinking about it. )

I'm liking WordPress more and more all the time. I had one glitch with a plugin that required a reboot (folder could not be deleted), but after that it's been smooth sailing. I like how it's so easy to install and configure things. Other CMSes are much more difficult or involved. At the end of the day, WP just makes it easy to get stuff done.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker