ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (25/41) > >>

timn:
2. I understand the reasoning behind this.  However, this would sort of break the mass import you can do by dropping a bunch of CSV onto the list (or multi-selecting them via the file choose dialog).  Did you see the Edit/Context menu option to convert a row to the header?  Maybe a solution/option would be if there was only one file dropped (or selected via the dialog), auto convert the first line into a header.
-skwire (March 28, 2011, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the quick reponse.
Re 2, yes I have used 'Edit > Convert row to header' several times. I am using SnapDB to publish tables from an SQLite database because it is much easier to use. I havent attempted to load multiple CSV files. Your solution sounds good.
Further use has suggested another possible enhancement:
Numeric fields with different lengths don't sort as I expect. eg 2000 appears before 300 for an ascending sort.
It would be good if SnapDB could somehow recognise a numeric only column and sort it by numeric value.
If the data comes via a delimited file then digits only and no enclosing quotes could possibly be used to indicate numeric.

skwire:
Here you go, timn.  Minimal testing in this build so do your worst.  =]  I'll try to get the CSV header issue done in a future build.

Website | Download
v1.2.8 - 2011-03-31
    + Snap DB now tries to determine whether a column is numeric so it will sort
      properly.  The logic is as follows:
        # A column with strictly integers will sort as integer.
        # A column with strictly floats will sort as float.
        # A column with both integers and floats will sort as float.
        # A column with ANY non-numeric text will sort as logical text.
    + Added the following filter types:
        # Does NOT contain
        # Does NOT equal
        # Greater than
        # Greater than or equal to
        # Less than
        # Less than or equal to
        # Regular expression
        (Thanks, timn)
    * Filter text is re-used when enabling the filter.  (Thanks, timn)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.3.0 - 2011-04-15
    ! Minor statusbar change.

v1.2.9 - 2011-04-07
    ! Duplicate and Edit record functions were erroneously available while in
      filter mode.

TalksToPCs:
Just in case anybody wondered if SnapDB can be used on a mac: Yet it can, with Crossover.
Works quite nicely with a few minor bugs, but perfectly usable.

skwire:
Good to know.  Thanks, TalksToPCs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version