ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (18/41) > >>

skwire:
But I've just came across a program that exports to CVS seperated by ;
It was Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
I've exported a bunch of invoices, and to preserve the amounts, it uses a ; as separator.
And I didn't found a setting to change the exportsettings in it. :'(-DeVamp (January 27, 2011, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

The asinine thing is that the CSV standard can easily handle quotes, commas, periods etc. in the data bits if written and read properly.  There's no need to use different delimiters.  I know my complaining does as much good as pounding sand.   :P

Perhaps you can provide a "default" separator, just a general application setting, and then it's up to us, the users, to change it according to the file we want to drop or open or import.
Just an idea. :-)-DeVamp (January 27, 2011, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's in the next build.   :)

DeVamp:
I know my complaining does as much good as pounding sand.   :P
-skwire (January 27, 2011, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
You do have a good point. But hey, its a microsoft program. they have their own standards ;)
It's in the next build.   :)
-skwire (January 27, 2011, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Great! 8)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.2 - 2011-01-28
    + Column orders are now saved per database.
    + "Convert row data to header names" added to the Edit menu.  This is useful after importing a CSV file.
    + Added custom CSV delimiter option under the Options dialog.  (Thanks, DeVamp)
    + Added "Import" toolbar button.
    + Added "Options" toolbar button.
    * CSV exports should be more adherent to the CSV standard with regards to double-quotes and commas within the data bits.
    ! The column order for CSV exports didn't match up with the listview column order.  (Thanks, bob99)
    ! Closing and saving a Snap DB database while in filter mode, and with a modified database, would result in Snap DB erroneously saving the filtered data view instead of the full, changed database.  (Thanks, TalksToPCs)

suigen:
Snap DB is a smart and good software. Thanks for it.

But... How can I have a cell (field) multi-lines or wordWrap ?

And... How can I have row cells more talls ?

Sorry for my very bad english.

cab.

skwire:
Snap DB is a smart and good software. Thanks for it.-suigen (January 29, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I'm glad you like it.

But... How can I have a cell (field) multi-lines or wordWrap ?-suigen (January 29, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Due to Win32 listview limitations, you can't.  Sorry.   :(

And... How can I have row cells more talls ?-suigen (January 29, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can adjust the font in the options dialog.

Sorry for my very bad english.-suigen (January 29, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your English is fine.   :)  Thanks for the feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version