ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Snap DB

<< < (21/41) > >>

skwire:
Hi skwire, really nice apps you have here.. :up: Thanks for the good job. -smartmushu (February 06, 2011, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  Thanks for the kind words and welcome to DonationCoder.

I've used snapDB for many types tables, including one with date type data and memo type data.  :D

However, I do have some questions / requests regarding snapDB. Is it possible if snapDB implement some kind of "sort by date" function? I sometimes need to sort my data based on date.-smartmushu (February 06, 2011, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is that the listview columns sort alpha by default and must be changed programmatically to sort in different ways e.g. numerically/integer.  The problem with dates is that they're neither.  You would almost need to have a separate column that kept YYYYMMDDHH24MISS timestamps to be able to sort dates properly.  All that being said, I have given some thought on how to allow configuration of sorting options on each column.  I just haven't come up with a good solution (yet).

And last, do you mind to provide any option to use comment box instead of text box to input/edit/read memo type data?-smartmushu (February 06, 2011, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by a comment box.  Do you have a screenshot of another app that uses one?

smartmushu:

The problem is that the listview columns sort alpha by default and must be changed programmatically to sort in different ways e.g. numerically/integer.  The problem with dates is that they're neither.  You would almost need to have a separate column that kept YYYYMMDDHH24MISS timestamps to be able to sort dates properly.  All that being said, I have given some thought on how to allow configuration of sorting options on each column.  I just haven't come up with a good solution (yet). -skwire (February 06, 2011, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, got it, thanks..  :up:

I'm not sure what you mean by a comment box.  Do you have a screenshot of another app that uses one?
-skwire (February 06, 2011, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to make you confused, I mean some bigger text box (not just one line text box) with 2 or 3 rows space and maybe with scroll button, like the one we see in Donation Coder forum when we post reply.. :D So if I put some long text I could simply scroll up and down to see all of my text.

skwire:
Sorry to make you confused, I mean some bigger text box (not just one line text box) with 2 or 3 rows space and maybe with scroll button, like the one we see in Donation Coder forum when we post reply.. :D So if I put some long text I could simply scroll up and down to see all of my text.-smartmushu (February 07, 2011, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The hesitation I have in doing this is it would give the impression that SnapDB can display multi-line bits of information (which it can't).  Saving and restoring mutil-line bits is easy enough but displaying them in a standard listview is not possible.

smartmushu:
Sorry to make you confused, I mean some bigger text box (not just one line text box) with 2 or 3 rows space and maybe with scroll button, like the one we see in Donation Coder forum when we post reply.. :D So if I put some long text I could simply scroll up and down to see all of my text.-smartmushu (February 07, 2011, 03:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The hesitation I have in doing this is it would give the impression that SnapDB can display multi-line bits of information (which it can't).  Saving and restoring mutil-line bits is easy enough but displaying them in a standard listview is not possible.
-skwire (February 07, 2011, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

well, okay then.. thanks skwire..

skwire:
well, okay then.. thanks skwire..-smartmushu (February 07, 2011, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to disappoint you.   :(  I hope you can still find some use in Snap DB.  :)

Website | Download
v1.1.7 - 2011-02-09
    ! Fixed a small graphical glitch with the enable filter checkbox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version