ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

complete 180 on mouse preference - what's the best cheap mouse?

<< < (8/17) > >>

cmpm:
I think I'd like that mouse, a bit high priced for me.
But if it works for 10+ years it would be worth it.

nudone:
all these 180 and 720 rotations are sending my head into a spin.  :)

hmm, now we have trackballs to contend with. and. i like the idea.

can you trackball guys mention what it's like to "draw" with a trackball. is it impossible or maybe it's very intuitive - i can't really imagine.

i can see how advantageous a trackball would be - travelling across screen distance easily, so i'm tempted to get one for that. but if they are terrible to draw with, then i have to rule them out.

tomos:
can you trackball guys mention what it's like to "draw" with a trackball. is it impossible or maybe it's very intuitive - i can't really imagine.
-nudone (December 28, 2010, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

also curious:-
I did buy one of the logitech ones years ago, but they didnt make a left hander version at the time (I dont know if they do now) so I just used it for non-drawing stuff.
I liked it a lot for everyday stuff ... but I not able to draw with my right hand

40hz:
kball guys mention what it's like to "draw" with a trackball. is it impossible or maybe it's very intuitive - i can't really imagine.-nudone (December 28, 2010, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Imagine yourself trying to draw a detailed portrait, on a window, with a bar of soap, while standing on an icy sidewalk.  ;D

i can see how advantageous a trackball would be - travelling across screen distance easily, so i'm tempted to get one for that. but if they are terrible to draw with, then i have to rule them out.

--- End quote ---

Better rule them out then. A quality drawing tablet is best for that. (And I'll bet you have one too! ;D)

------------

Note: there's nothing to say you can't have more than one pointing device. I'll use a trackball for some things. But I still keep a regular mouse attached for everything else - which is S.O.P. for all but the most rabid trackball aficionados.

nudone:
right. that's trackballs crossed off my list then. i don't really want to have to swap between devices all the time.

(i find drawing with a wacom about as enjoyable as using a bar of soap on a window, so i'm definitely not going to attempt it drawing with a trackball.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version