Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • October 24, 2016, 10:23:49 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A Gift from VMWare  (Read 19262 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Dales Computer Services
    • Donate to Member
Re: A Gift from VMWare
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 05:49:50 AM »
It's worth noting that if you have student status (or someone in your household) you can get VMWARE Workstation for the price of the upgrade. Still not cheap but considerably cheaper.

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 06:02:13 AM »
Thanks for the info Carol but I don't know of any students...The problem is the rate of exchange is R6.60 to the $1.00 Oh yes of course there is those bank charges...From here it'll cost me about R1500.00 that's for the electronic download...It would be a lot easier for me to send someone in the U.S.A.  a money gram and purchase the electronic download...Even then it's still expensive...Most of the software I purchase is from the States...
Mouser...Excuse me for being stuck on stupid...Reviews on what???...Remember I have all the time in the world...and like to put at least some of it to ...DonationCoder.com...
GetBackData...Security Awareness...Beta Tester
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 06:11:26 AM by Baseman »

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 06:26:53 AM »
DonationCoder.com does comprehensive reviews of software *categories*:

Note that a review is not of a single program but of a category of programs.
It's a lot of work and requires some discipline and attention to detail - definitely not something that everyone is cut out for
(see zaine's review of archive tools for an example of how big these reviews can get: http://www.donationc...hiveTools/index.html)

But we are very much in need of some good objective reviewers and we try to make sure they are well taken care of in terms of software, etc.