topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Monty Python is Simply Uber-Cool  (Read 2398 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Monty Python is Simply Uber-Cool
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:50 AM »
From the Monty Python YouTube page:

For 3 years you YouTubers have been ripping us off, taking tens of thousands of our videos and putting them on YouTube. Now the tables are turned. It's time for us to take matters into our own hands.

We know who you are, we know where you live and we could come after you in ways too horrible to tell. But being the extraordinarily nice chaps we are, we've figured a better way to get our own back: We've launched our own Monty Python channel on YouTube.

No more of those crap quality videos you've been posting. We're giving you the real thing - HQ videos delivered straight from our vault.

What's more, we're taking our most viewed clips and uploading brand new HQ versions. And what's even more, we're letting you see absolutely everything for free. So there!

But we want something in return.

None of your driveling, mindless comments. Instead, we want you to click on the links, buy our movies & TV shows and soften our pain and disgust at being ripped off all these years.

Simply brilliant.

(Just bought the complete Flying Circus recently.)

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Monty Python is Simply Uber-Cool
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 09:52 AM »

Just brilliant.

Drat... Didn't work...

http://www.youtube.c...5CC0EC/0/kQFKtI6gn9Y

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Sufi mystics, Daoists, and Zen Masters have nothing on the Pythons when it come to grokking the absurd to find the wisdom hidden there. :Thmbsup:

Another excellent comedy troupe is Smack the Pony. British and all-girl lovely too.

Check out some clips of their dating service videos here, here and here, or the famous New Receptionist, Pregnancy Test, and the After Dinner sketches.

Full episodes can be found here, but you may need to play proxy games to get around the region restriction. Well worth the 'aggro' IMHO. 8)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:52 AM by 40hz »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 11:08 AM »
From the Monty Python YouTube page:

well worth watching the featured video (full screen; up loud please)  :Thmbsup:
(Always Look on the Bright Side of Life Sing-Along)
Tom

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 02:23 AM »
i love python (got the boxset a few years back and really ought to get it out for another viewing)...

...closet thing to Monty Python i've seen that is post Python is Absolutely (not Absolutely Fabulous): http://en.wikipedia....tely_%28TV_series%29 also available as a boxset (after a long running petition by the fans finally had their way). it's surreal, sometimes just odd and unfunny, but also very clever and uncompromising - and funny. i think we've mentioned the show on the forum before and, like Python, you can see how it influenced (and sometimes was blatantly ripped off by) a generation of shows/comedians that came after it.