topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: rare news mail from ESB  (Read 3750 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
rare news mail from ESB
« on: December 23, 2010, 04:49 AM »
The mails from ESB are so extremely rare, that I thought I would post this one, simply for your information only! The company is very busy, but they don't spam, to say the least.

If you not yet are familiar with ESB software, they produce Scientific Calculators and Unit Converters that you only need to register once, all upgrades are free for the life of the product. Note: The $39 (edit: see next post!) asking price for their Suite will increase as more calculators are added, the first one already in January, but this will not affect registered users. I find their Suite to be a real bargain. http://www.esbconsul...om/esbcalc/suite.htm

They also offer Freeware: ESB Calc - Free Scientific Calculator with Paper trail, and ESB UnitConv - Free Unit Conversion Software. Latest Release: v7.2.0 released 14 May 2010.

To:    ESB Unit Conversion mailing list
Hi,

For those that celebrate Christmas (as we do), ESB Consultancy wishes you a truly blessed Christmas - and we wish all our customers a truly prosperous 2011.

esbcalc-btn1.gif

Well we have managed to get the new releases of our Scientific Calculator ESBCalc Pro (v8.1), our Unit Conversion Software ESBUnitConv Pro (v8.1) and our Programmer´s Calculator (v2.1) out in the last few weeks - as well as our new Financial Calculator, ESBFinCalc Pro (v1.1).  Suite Owners have also had access to our upcoming Date Calculator, ESBDateCalc Pro.

More info at: http://www.esbconsult.com/esbcalc/

esbunitconv-btn1.gif

In January, we hope to get our Date Calculator finished and released - the feedback has been very encouraging for this product.

We have had many requests for a RPN Scientific Calculator - so we will seriously investigate that once the Date Calculator has been released - and we would still like to get the Complex Number Calculator out.

We have lots more work to do on the Financial Calculator - especially in the securities and bonds side of things.

escsml.gif

We always have more conversions to add to the Unit Conversion - and we appreciate your feedback to help prioritise these - and we will be looking at a way to allow mixed units - eg 12 feet 3 inches - to be used - though this may be initially as a tool. Plus we have a lot of items on the wish list (many thanks for all who have contributed) to give us much to think about.

We need to work out how best to allow "floats" in the Programmer´s Calculator as well as some tools that customers have suggested.

And I always seem to think that our flagship product, ESBCalc Pro, is pretty much finished and then we get some excellent suggestions for improvements - so keep them coming - whilst we can´t promise we can do all you would like, your input does help us decide where best to focus our efforts!

Current plans are for minor updates to most existing products in January - as well as new releases of our Freeware ESBCalc and ESBUnitConv.

Glenn Crouch, mailto:glenn at esbconsult com
ESB Consultancy, http://www.esbconsult.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/esbglenn
Home of ESBPCS and ESB Calculators
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia
-rare ESB news mail

ESB Calculators and Unit Conversion Utilities are Electronic Packages so they do not include printed manual nor any media. Products do not include Source Code - they are Windows Applications.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:39 AM by Curt »

moonwatcher

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: rare news mail from ESB
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57 AM »
esbglenn (Glenn Crouch, ESB software developer) via Twitter:

For a short time, anyone can purchase our ESBCalc Pro Suite as a special upgrade for $15USD by using this PayPal URL: http://bit.ly/gmRw8D

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:25 AM »
When you say purchase as an upgrade, do you mean I must already own it? Or, can I make an initial purchase with this price?

Edit:
I purchased and got the full suite with no prior ownership. Great price for a great product.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:11 AM by edbro »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:04 AM »
esbglenn (Glenn Crouch, ESB software developer) via Twitter:
For a short time, anyone can purchase our ESBCalc Pro Suite as a special upgrade for $15USD by using this PayPal URL: http://bit.ly/gmRw8D
I purchased and got the full suite with no prior ownership. Great price for a great product.

Thanks for tellng, moonwatcher, and for confirming, edbro! I too made the purchase even though I have never used anything but their free Unit Converter; $15 for a lifetime license for all their products is simply too good an offer not to take!  :up:

esb5+1.GIF

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:01 AM by Curt »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 10:59 AM »
There are some good freeware units conversions and calculators out there, but that does seem too good to miss.  Thanks, Curt!   :Thmbsup:  You must be the most active discount hawk on DC  :)  And thanks, moonwatcher!   :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:00 PM by rjbull »