ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell - Top Priority Requests for 2011

<< < (9/14) > >>

oblivion:
I have posted a new beta in the release thread here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1514

Lots of new stuff.
-mouser (March 06, 2011, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Brilliant! Thanks for all the work you've put into this. I'll give it a proper workout tomorrow!

-- bests, Tim

rjbull:
mouser, note taking apps are a different kettle of fish from clipboard enhancers, but there's an overlap.  I don't know if you've ever used Evernote, but it sounds like CHS's clip folders work like the Evernote ribbon does, i.e., date/time order is the only form of organisation.  I suggest that you could mimic basic Evernote functions by adding an extra hotkey that would send the selected text or image into a predefined "Permanent Notes" folder rather than the default one, so important "research clips"  didn't get mixed up with transient clips.

To mimic Evernote closer would mean a lot more work; tags (which I don't use, but many would want), more sophisticated searching with highlighting of the search strings, and support for HTML and RTF.  But the basic usage might be nice, and allow people to run only one program instead of several.

mouser:
there was a period where i envisioned CHS as being useful as a notetaking application -- you'll even find some old discussion about this on the forum if you look hard enough.  but i think i've let go of that idea.  while there is some real overlap as you say, the user interface needs are just so different that i now think that trying to combine the tools wouldn't work well.

rjbull:
And I suppose if you make even one small gesture in that direction, you'll be flooded with eager requests for "just one more little feature."  Oh, well.  It was just an idea.

mouser:
i may still take a whack at making a separate app, an unusual and minimalistic notetaking app based on my index card productivity system..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version