ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell - Top Priority Requests for 2011

<< < (4/14) > >>

superboyac:
Less SQL :-)
-oblivion (February 15, 2011, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I second this.  Please offer the common SQL things as checkbox options, buttons, etc.

IainB:
Re:
"Less SQL"
--- End quote ---
I'm not so sure I'd agree with this one.
I'd perhaps rather see MORE SQL, and MORE comprehensive instructions in the Help file to make full use of the SQL features in CHS.

For example, when defining the rules for a Virtual Folder, I'd like to be able to do something like:
IsFavorite=true AND ExcerptText=Databank
or IsFavorite=true AND ExcerptText="Databank"
or IsFavorite=true AND ClipText=Databank
or IsFavorite=true AND ClipText="Databank"

- but none of these seem to work, and I can't figure out from the Help what it is that I am doing wrong (e.g., is it syntax, or logic, or command structure?).

I think the ability to use SQL and Virtual Folders in CHS could make CHS a much more powerful and useful information management tool (memories of Lotus Agenda...sigh).

superboyac:
Re:
"Less SQL"
--- End quote ---
I'm not so sure I'd agree with this one.
I'd perhaps rather see MORE SQL, and MORE comprehensive instructions in the Help file to make full use of the SQL features in CHS.

For example, when defining the rules for a Virtual Folder, I'd like to be able to do something like:
IsFavorite=true AND ExcerptText=Databank
or IsFavorite=true AND ExcerptText="Databank"
or IsFavorite=true AND ClipText=Databank
or IsFavorite=true AND ClipText="Databank"

- but none of these seem to work, and I can't figure out from the Help what it is that I am doing wrong (e.g., is it syntax, or logic, or command structure?).

I think the ability to use SQL and Virtual Folders in CHS could make CHS a much more powerful and useful information management tool (memories of Lotus Agenda...sigh).
-IainB (February 16, 2011, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
nobody is saying removing anything.  Just for the common things, an easier interface would be nice.

kartal:
Automatic export of clips or the current clipboard  to certain folder(s)

IainB:
@kartal:
"Automatic export of clips or the current clipboard  to certain folder(s)"
--- End quote ---
Do you mean the folders within CHS itself or within Windows Explorer?
If the former, then that was what I was after too, with my comment above:
"I think the ability to use SQL and Virtual Folders in CHS could make CHS a much more powerful and useful information management tool"
--- End quote ---

The feature to automatically filter a clip depending on the contents (e.g., the text strings) into a Virtual Folder in CHS, using the appropriate SQL, is either not enabled in CHS at present, or is too obscure for me to understand. The CHS Help document could perhaps be more informative on this one...     :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version