topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is CHS 2.00.01 out of Beta ?  (Read 4599 times)

sosimple

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is CHS 2.00.01 out of Beta ?
« on: May 06, 2011, 01:22 PM »
I just downloaded an update to Clipboard Help+Spell using DcUpdater.

On the DcUpdater interface, it lists the latest version of CHS as 1.47.01 from 03/19/2011

This is the same as shown on the CHS page on Donationcoder.com:
https://www.donation...pandspell/index.html

But, when I downloaded the update using DcUpdater, and clicked to install it, the installer reports that it is installing Clipboard Help+Spell version 2.00.01

So, should I consider Clipboard Help+Spell version 2.00.01 to be out of the Beta stage ?

Kevin

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is CHS 2.00.01 out of Beta ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:59 PM »
It's still in beta, but it's safe to install and use from now on.  Just don't try to go backwards.

sosimple

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 02:20 PM »
... Just don't try to go backwards.

So I guess that the new version modifies the database structure in a way that makes the database incompatible with previous versions ...

I'll backup my current CHS folder and run with v2 ... I'll let you know if I find any issues.

Kevin

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 02:28 PM »
So I guess that the new version modifies the database structure in a way that makes the database incompatible with previous versions ...
right.

sosimple

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:57 PM »
I don't know if this is an "Undesired program feature" (Bug), or if it indicates a problem on my system ...

When I run CHS (Windows Startup), during loading or shortly after completion of loading, I get an error message box:
Screenshot - 6_26_2011 , 11_27_22 AM.png

I am using CHS version 2.00.01
Screenshot - 6_26_2011 , 12_59_11 PM.pngIs CHS 2.00.01 out of Beta ?

I have seen this error message-box twice and both times were shortly after a reboot/power-up so I assume it could be related to loading CHS at runtime. The Application (CHS) was not identified in the error message so the first time it happened I didn't immediately connect the error message to CHS and I ended up dismissing the error message without copying it. So I only know the error message was similar the second time, but the details could have been different each time.

If I dismiss the error message-box, CHS continues to run, but in both cases I closed CHS and restarted it so I don't know if CHS is actually functional after the error message.

This is an older machine and during Startup, CPU usage is pegged at 100% and things are very slow for a few minutes, so it could be some sort of timeout issue.

Kevin
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 01:11 PM by sosimple »