ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

SteamPrices - a better way to shop for bargains on Steam?

(1/3) > >>

4wd:
SteamPrices - I mentioned it at the end of this thread but it's probably better making it a bit more prominent.

You can see how much you're being ripped off in your part of the world compared to another Steam store.

But the Top Savings selection will also let you find the bargains, eg. Battlefield 2: Complete Collection is actually US$3.75 cheaper from the Australian Steam store.

Addendum: Better add this from the site.

A short note for the easily angry people: Don't blame Valve, they don't make the prices.
--- End quote ---

And now it's off to spend yet more money  :(

Bamse:
Nice site but I still blaime Valve. When they list a price as 59 Euros equals 59$ they are accepting and promoting the trick. They could refuse to include game but they don't. VAT is included when dealing in Euros but still a trick. Is there any documentation about why poor Valve must bend over to other game companies? I think they share.

I will buy Commander Keen though http://store.steampowered.com/app/9180/ :)

4wd:
Nice site but I still blaime Valve. When they list a price as 59 Euros equals 59$ they are accepting and promoting the trick. They could refuse to include game but they don't. VAT is included when dealing in Euros but still a trick. Is there any documentation about why poor Valve must bend over to other game companies? I think they share.-Bamse (December 21, 2010, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

It happens everywhere, eg. Why is Windows OS more expensive in Australia?

And Microsoft will go on about transport, (yeah right), government taxes, market forces, etc, etc - but what it comes down to is: Because they can screw more out of us and accept that we'll take it.  The majority of people are too dumb to go look online for a better deal in another part of the world.

So yes, I am agreeing with you in a round about way :)

wraith808:
I've seen that one, and didimatic.com, but I still go back to just the regular steam site.  These improvements that the third party sites give are pretty incremental, and the regular steam site is so convenient that I don't even peruse these sites any more.

Bamse:
Why did MS wait to allow family licenses for Windows in my country until the first big rush was over? Business is business but there is an annoying in your face factor with Steam. And they can't do anything about it? Yeah right. Convenience and sales outweighs cons and they know that ;) Nothing is for free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version