ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google's thumbnail pop-ups

<< < (2/3) > >>

nite_monkey:
I don't really mind the thumbnails, because at least for me, I have to click on the little magnifying glass before they even show up. So I don't ever see them.

nudone:
i think turning off the instant search stops the thumbnails. after that, you can view the thumbnails but first, you have to click within a paragraph of one of the results.

timns:
Thanks, I'll check my settings one more time. Instant search used to be off, but I have lost those settings several times, and not really noticed in time to try and figure out why.

nudone:
if you get nowhere with that, you could try the google keyboard shortcuts experiment from the labs. I use it as my default search page - instant search is off and i only see thumbnails when i click on a paragraph. more than that, the shortcuts are very handy - i don't understand why they aren't part of standard search (those stupid cursor shortcuts they added to standard search were just insane, these labs shortcuts are actually usable).

timns:
Thank you kindly, I shall try that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version