The Quiet Earth
- early warning system for some of the
more thought provoking sci-fi, mystery, and post-apocalypse (mostly indie) films - whether in production, or out in limited release.
If your tastes run to non-mainstream, here's one good place to look.
About 70% of what they cover will primarily appeal to fans of the gore and splatter genres. Not exactly my cup of tea. But the remaining 30% is pure gold for those of us who don't live in cities with a big 'art' scene. (Thank goodness for Amazon's DVD store!)
Especially refreshing is their coverage of some of the 'new' directing talent from South and Central America. Northern and Eastern European and Australian studios also get their fair share of coverage
There's some truly amazing work coming out of places you never dreamt about if all you get on the screen where you live is Hollywood, Bollywood, and the predictable Cannes Festival art film.