topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Any better Clipboard program.  (Read 46466 times)

gdv22

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any better Clipboard program.
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 01:56 AM »
The best program I've found so far (and have used for years) to capture the text from error messages is NirSoft's SysExporter.  ... it isn't nearly as convenient as a clipping program would be.

Yes, it has its uses, but if the computer was busy, with lots of windows open, I found it a real pain to scroll a long SysExporter list to find the one I wanted.  Even then, a bit more manipulation was required to clip the text.

@rjbull:

I'm a little slow in replying, but thought I'd mention that as of v1.50 NirSoft added a "target" icon (like the one in SysInternals Process Explorer) that you just drag to the window you want to capture, which makes SysExporter MUCH more convenient to use (no more scrolling through the list to find just the right window).

And I don't know how long ago you tried it, but I remember long ago having to do some extra manipulation to get the text (seems like maybe I had to use the menu to save to a file then open the file to copy/paste ???) but now with nearly all of his programs you can simply click on whatever lines you want (or the typical Ctrl-Click to select several individual lines, or Shift-Click to select a range of lines, or Ctrl+A to select all lines) and copy to the clipboard with Ctrl+C.

So it's definitely been improved, but still not as convenient as a clipping program would be.  :P

I'll try some of the other text scraping programs you mentioned as soon as I get a chance!

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2011, 10:46 AM »
thought I'd mention that as of v1.50 NirSoft added a "target" icon (like the one in SysInternals Process Explorer) that you just drag to the window you want to capture

I had 1.51 installed, and hadn't noticed that  :-[

with nearly all of his programs you can simply click on whatever lines you want (or the typical Ctrl-Click to select several individual lines, or Shift-Click to select a range of lines, or Ctrl+A to select all lines) and copy to the clipboard with Ctrl+C.

Useful tips.  Many thanks!  :)

I'll try some of the other text scraping programs you mentioned as soon as I get a chance!

They're a bit old, but I occasionally found that one program would clip what another wouldn't, and as they're free, one may as well have them available.  The big disappointment for me was that Kleptomania - which I paid for - doesn't work on Vista Home Premium, and the Web site now seems to have gone.  Otherwise, ABBYY ScreenReader mentioned above, and JOCR, which is a freeware screen OCR program that needs Microsoft Office installed, work pretty well.

mwang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 02:45 AM »
Oscar's File Renamer is fairly old.  It's true the most recent version is dated 2007, but I think that was just a minor fix when he resurrected an older program.  So, take a look by all means, and I think it's a useful adjunct to other file renamers, but I wouldn't guarantee it does unicode.
Just want to report back that I finally got around to check out Oscar's File Renamer. Indeed it's very convenient, but it doesn't do unicode unfortunately.

Edit: I then dig around a bit in XYplorer, and found out that it has a rename method called "Edit Item Names ...", with which I can pretty much do what I would like to do with Oscar's File Renamer. Not sure when it got this (I often upgrade XY without knowing what's new). It's nice.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:55 AM by mwang »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Just want to report back that I finally got around to check out Oscar's File Renamer. Indeed it's very convenient, but it doesn't do unicode unfortunately.

I found it very useful for renaming files that were actually open at the time, which Total Commander wouldn't do.  Oscar's defers the renaming action until you press the Go button, which is great when you need to refer to the file contents.  Thanks for reporting back; I'm sorry it doesn't do unicode.  It's probably too old, dating to a time when that wasn't considered.

Another option might be to make a directory listing and edit it into a renaming batch file.  Again, though, I don't know about unicode on command lines.

Edit: I then dig around a bit in XYplorer, and found out that it has a rename method called "Edit Item Names ...", with which I can pretty much do what I would like to do with Oscar's File Renamer. Not sure when it got this (I often upgrade XY without knowing what's new). It's nice.

Doh!  :-[  I have a lifetime license for XYplorer and didn't think of it  :(  TC is my main file manager and XY, excellent though it is, does things so differently that I use it less than I should.

Winkie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Edit: I then dig around a bit in XYplorer, and found out that it has a rename method called "Edit Item Names ...", with which I can pretty much do what I would like to do with Oscar's File Renamer. Not sure when it got this (I often upgrade XY without knowing what's new). It's nice

You and I got it since XYplorer version 9.60  (2010-10-06). And it's definitely a nice feature. 8)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Edit: I then dig around a bit in XYplorer, and found out that it has a rename method called "Edit Item Names ...", with which I can pretty much do what I would like to do with Oscar's File Renamer. Not sure when it got this (I often upgrade XY without knowing what's new). It's nice

You and I got it since XYplorer version 9.60  (2010-10-06). And it's definitely a nice feature. 8)
Oh Shit!  That is cool!  I didn't realize XYPlorer had basically an Oscar's Renamer function built into it.  That's so awesome.  Man, if he only would fix my one minor complaint of the program, I'd probably depend on it a lot more.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 02:36 PM »
if he only would fix my one minor complaint of the program, I'd probably depend on it a lot more.

But if your'e anything like me, you'd only find a new minor complaint  :(

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Hi
textbeast, added network capabilities to textbeast
http://www.asbware.com/

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Hello! We're excited to announce that ASBware is featuring textBEAST Clipboard Manager on Bits du Jour, a 'deal-of-the-day' website that offers one-time discounts.  Bits du Jour will be offering textBEAST  today, Friday 26 August, 2011, at the dramatically reduced price of $14.99. The normal purchase price for textBEAST is $24.99!

If you have any friends or family members who might be interested in textBEAST, please let them know about this sale. We can't afford to offer this kind of discount often, and it will be available on Bits du Jour for a single day only. Just tell them to visit http://www.bitsdujour.com on Friday 26 August, 2011 to get textBEAST for $14.99.

The coupon BDJ40 can be used on both versions of textBEAST for a 40% discount.

http://www.bitsdujou...textbeast-clipboard/

Thanks for using textBEAST!
ASBware

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Hello! We're excited to announce that ASBware is featuring textBEAST Clipboard Manager on Bits du Jour, a 'deal-of-the-day' website that offers one-time discounts.  Bits du Jour will be offering textBEAST  today, Friday 26 August, 2011
ASBware
Curt, is it you that has a zillion clipboard enhancers?  If so, which do you like best/use most?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 07:38 AM »
HALF a zillion, rjbull ;-)
I am not sure my opinion on software can help any one... My first concern is if the program is easy to use, and stable. Yes, I have tried many and I have disabled them all - except one of course: "CFi ShellToys Clipboard+". I like this one the best.

1) http://www.shelltoysxp.com/default.asp
2) http://www.shelltoys...om/clipboardplus.asp

After registration, you are entitled to upgrade to any future versions of ShellToys at no extra charge.

Pricing:
First license:  GBP £20.00  (approx. US $33.00,  EUR €23.00)
Additional licenses:  GBP £5.00 each  (approx. US $8.00,  EUR €6.00)

clipboardplus.png
Clipboard+ is an extended clipboard utility which runs invisibly in the background while you work. Each time you copy text, graphics or files/folders to the clipboard in any program or window, Clipboard+ stores a copy of the same item, up to a maximum number of items that you choose. (When the maximum is reached, older items are removed to make room for new ones.)

At any time, you can open the Clipboard+ window by pressing a hotkey and view the stored clip-items. Any item can be copied back to the clipboard by double-clicking it, ready for pasting again. You can also search for items, delete individual items or clear the entire store. Text clips can be sent directly into a word processor, bypassing the clipboard.

Hotkey > Help:

2011-08-26_143426.gif
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:50 AM by Curt »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I use ClipMate, and it's just there.  I don't use the fancy features most of the time, but being able to see what's on the clipboard is definitely very useful, and when I do need the fancy features, they're there.  And it doesn't affect my systems.  That's all I really need. :)

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20 AM »
I am not sure my opinion on software can help any one... My first concern is if the program is easy to use, and stable. Yes, I have tried many and I have disabled them all - except one of course: "CFi ShellToys Clipboard+". I like this one the best.

This is the 1st I heard about CFI.  Looks like it can combine a few different programs/utilities I've been using into one.  Going to try out the trial and see.  Before I do, does anyone know if it will "play well" with XYplorer? 

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2011, 10:29 AM »
-yes, CFi works well with all the major file managers.

Edited:
Trial is 45 days nag-free.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2011, 10:40 AM »
-yes, CFi works well with all the major file managers.

Edited:
Trial is 45 days nag-free.

Thanks... I'm going to give it a try.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05 AM »
-please report back if my memory was right about the trial being nag-free ;-)

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Just felt like giving a head's up: after months of searching for an another Clipboard Manager i found one: i.e., Yankee Clipper III WEBSITE:  if their is any Ditto , M8 Free Clipboard, ClipX ,CLCL , Clipomatic and similar clipboard manager Users out their ; he/she should definitely check Yankee Clipper III .  i.m.o=good :)

ClipDiary 5.3/ Smadav 2018/ Some Sense

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 03:36 PM »
So modest  ;D

My first concern is if the program is easy to use, and stable.
These are important points.  I have ClipCache installed, but rarely use it because it tends to crash too often.

CFi ShellToys Clipboard+". I like this one the best.
I haven't heard of that one before  :o  What do you specially like about it?

My own regular clipboard enhancer is ArsClip.  Basic features are very easy, it has more if I want them, and it's been very stable.  I sometimes use mouser's CHS, which has a different feature set.  When I was at work, I used to use them simultaneously...  Also have a license for ClipMate, but it's not installed at present.  It offered more than I needed and seemed too complex, but has the most features of all.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Though I've tried a couple of other clipboard managers, I haven't found any that I like as much as ClipMate.  One feature that I use a lot and that I haven't found in other programs I've tried is ClipMate's PowerPaste.  It will automatically paste each item from the clipboard in order (ascending or descending) into any document.  It's great for making lists, filling out forms, putting selected paragraphs together, etc.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 06:28 PM »
--ArsClip, oh yeah; JoeJoe has written many a useful program. I was a big fan of his startup delayer, back in the old Win-2000 days, but he failed to upgrade for XP, so I left him for another, that jackass...

ClipMate surely is capable - but it gives me a headache; I think it is messy to look at.

What I like most about CFi is the speed and simplicity. It has what I need. And the very few times that I think I need more, it turns out that I rather will want to miss the extras, than miss CFi. So far it has been rock solid.

CFi is about ShellToys: right-click access to 53 context-sensitive shell extensions, and 25 small special programs like Clipboard+ (CFi is also my clock) - all managed from ShellToys Control Panel. So Clipboard+ is only a part of the bigger program, Shell Toys, but with its own exe file in Start. Sadly CFi will not accept to be delayed. I can not think of any other bad thing to say.

http://www.shelltoys...lshellextensions.asp
http://www.shelltoys...om/allshelltools.asp

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 11:03 AM »
ClipMate.  One feature that I use a lot and that I haven't found in other programs I've tried is ClipMate's PowerPaste.  It will automatically paste each item from the clipboard in order (ascending or descending) into any document.

From CHS 2.04.01 Help:
CHS now has a stack system that will let you easily copy multiple clips into a stack (queue), and then paste them back out individually (or as a block) in a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) order.
[...]
In addition to pasting as a solid text block, you can paste items with simulated TAB keypresses between then, which is useful for form filling.

From ArsClip online Help:
Form Mode

ArsClip supports pasting multiple items into a program by Form Mode (popup -> Misc -> Form Mode). When in Form Mode, you click an item on the popup, ArsClip pastes the item, simulates a TAB keypress, and then displays the popup again. This process repeats until you press Cancel. The TAB keypress will move focus to the next form field in a web page, or in a program. Sometimes a non-text item will receive focus in a web page, so you can press the "Next Field" option on the popup to skip to the next text field.

The Keystrokes option in Permanent Items is a more flexible way of pasting items and simulating keystrokes for items you paste often.

Probably neither are as flexible as ClipMate, but both offer probably the most common multi-paste requirement.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 11:16 AM »
What I like most about CFi is the speed and simplicity.
Is it keyboard-centric, or mouse-centric?  I prefer keyboard, and noticed that BdJ had textBEAST on offer (again) the other day.  That looks to me very mouse-centric.

It has what I need.
I find that with ArsClip  :up:

CFi is about ShellToys: right-click access to 53 context-sensitive shell extensions, and 25 small special programs
I think they could be clearer about licensing.  I eventually decided that the license was for all their tools, though if you look at their main page, you might think they are licensed individually.

Sadly CFi will not accept to be delayed.
Could you set it to not start with Windows, then start it with a batch file, which presumably could be delayed?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 05:45 PM »
The CFi Clipboard+ is operated via hotkeys, arrows, and Enter. And delete.
Also, a large number of context menu actions can be operated via hotkeys.

I used ArsClip many years ago, but was disappointed for some reason - maybe it was the number of issues I think it had with Unicode. I trust this or whatever it was has been fixed long ago, but could be why I didn't consider it when I moved to Vista.

The price is £20 once and for all (78 applications!) per PC.

I said it a little wrong, about delaying Start:
If I delay my CFi's start, my Explorer will crash, when CFi launches.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2011, 06:07 PM »
I said it a little wrong, about delaying Start:
If I delay my CFi's start, my Explorer will crash, when CFi launches.

Arhgg, I said it wrong again, didn't I. It is of course "merely" my CFi Clock and CFi Clipboard+ that must be started together with Windows. The mother-program CFi ShellToys is a collection of DLLs, nothing to "start".   I think

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Thanks very much, rjbull, for the "powerpaste" features in CHS and ArsClip.  I'm glad to know about these.  Now I have a place to start looking if I ever decide to replace ClipMate.