ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: askapic.com - Photo Q&A Site

<< < (8/21) > >>

tomos:
Well,
I think we can call that a release :) - I've changed as much as I'm able to -
there wont be any structural changes made to the site till Monday (Jan 3rd) at the earliest.

If you go visit it askapic.com keep in mind that the posting process has yet to be streamlined - at some stage (before or after your visit) have a read of the problems listed here. If you discover a problem that isnt listed here, do let us know about it :Thmbsup: Thanks!

Current Problems (mainly the big ones :p)

1) You have to tag an image before it will be accepted:

* you have to add a comma "," after the tag word for it to be accepted
* the status of your selected file is not indicated - e.g. if you forget to add a tag to an image, you will get an error message and the site will 'forget' the selected file's details so you'll have to srat from scratch (your question is remembered though).2) Facebook login works a treat - but I'm not sure what shows up on your Facebook homepage (nothing in my case) - do let me know! [seems to be showing okay on FB]
3) Currently you are UNABLE to change any details on your Profile page
4) Categories are not properly associated with the questions i.e. on Categories page they all show as having zero related questions.
5) "Unanswered" tab on the homepage shows all questions
6) if you ask a question and then login using name & password, you may get an error message but the login should still be successful
7) Some emails take a long time (I get emails instantly in my gmail a/c but have had to wait hours with other email accounts. But note that you can post instantly - without having gotten your regristration email. I dont know why this is - some problem with the godaddy email accounts maybe.
-tomos (December 20, 2010, 02:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

edit: #5 strikethrough
edit: # 4  # 2 :-[ :)

adi_barb:
we hope to finish all the necessary modifications the next 2-3 days.

tomos:
we hope to finish all the necessary modifications the next 2-3 days.
-adi_barb (January 02, 2011, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

sounds great Adi :Thmbsup:

To the rest of you:- it is very usable at the moment, just at times, not as user friendly as it could be.

PhilB66:

Browser: IE8

Perry Mowbray:
It's a number 4  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version