ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a New Mouse

<< < (10/11) > >>

4wd:
If anyone knows how modern rechargeable batteries work, do you have any hints as to what happened?-Renegade (March 16, 2011, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Charging NiCad and NiMH requires a special kind of voodoo, you can read about it here.

Does the battery charge 'in mouse', ie. plug a lead into a USB port and charge it that way?

If so, I'd recommend using a decent dedicated charger instead as I've never found a inbuilt charger in a mouse, (or in any consumer equipment), to be anywhere near as good.

What I use is one of these: MAHA MH-C401FS - arguably one of the best AAA/AA chargers around.

Renegade:
Yes. The mouse recharges through USB, which is very convenient.

Thanks for the link!

As for a dedicated charger, sigh... too many cables already.

3 monitors = 3 power cables & 3 video cables
2 computers
1 laptop
printers, keyboards, mice, speakers, microphone, volume cables, external storage devices... it's nuts. I hate wires (see above).

I'm at the point where I'll do just about anything to eliminate cables.

4wd:
Yes. The mouse recharges through USB, which is very convenient.-Renegade (March 16, 2011, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was very convenient on the wireless mouse I used to have but the rechargeables last nowhere near their expected life cycle.

--- End quote ---

Oddly enough it doesn't have to sit next to the computer, it could be in the lounge charging the remote batteries, it the kitchen, in the car, etc.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

Oddly enough it doesn't have to sit next to the computer, it could be in the lounge charging the remote batteries, it the kitchen, in the car, etc.
-4wd (March 16, 2011, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hear you, but...

This place is a bit older (1960~80 I think) and not designed very well (1 phone jack). As such, electrical outlets aren't really positioned conveniently or in sufficient numbers. As such, other outlets suffer from the same sort of problems. Inconvenient locations leave some empty, while others have several appliances plugged in.

Oh, but to live in the 21st century...

Doosan E&C has some nice living space designs.

KynloStephen66515:
Heres a pretty cool mouse:

Full Batteries:

Dead Batteries:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version