ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Need help from Inno Setup gurus

<< < (4/5) > >>

worstje:
Shouldn't you have said desktop icon listed in the [Icons] section?

You can simply use:

IconFilename: "{app}\myicon.ico"
--- End quote ---

to change the icon used for such an icon.

Ath:
kryathaba, you could (re)start with a fresh script generated from the wizard, that gives you all this stuff by default...
Then add the extra files you need to add, and don't be shy to use an editor like InnoIDE or ISTool (that one is going off-line right about now) to aid in the setting of 'fancy' features like icons etc.
And don't forget to add the .ico files in the [Files] section.

As said earlier, the newsgroups are quite helpful, but we expect you to have done at least a little homework...

kyrathaba:
As said earlier, the newsgroups are quite helpful, but we expect you to have done at least a little homework...
--- End quote ---

I find, with a few exceptions, that people on this site respond more quickly and with less chastisement in their tone, and that it saves me time.  DC is like having a bunch of friends who are experts.  Instead of me digging and slogging through dry subject matter, 99.9% of which doesn't pertain, I can get the answer quickly and with little time/energy expenditure.

Thanks for pointing me to those tools :)

kyrathaba:
Eureka!

--- ---[Icons]
Name: {group}\ExcuseManager; Filename: {app}\ExcuseManager.exe
Name: {group}\Uninstall Excuse Manager v0.94; Filename: {uninstallexe}
Name: {userdesktop}\NANY Excuse Manager v0.94; Filename: {app}\ExcuseManager.exe; IconFilename: {app}\excuseMan.ico; Tasks: desktopicon

Ath:
See, it isn't that hard :D

I'm not sure if putting the version number in the shortcut would be that handy, you would have to clean that up with every upgrade you publish (deleting the .lnk file of that name using [InstallDelete]), but also cater for in your script in any future release, might someone skip/miss one of your in-between updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version