ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Need help from Inno Setup gurus

<< < (2/5) > >>

kyrathaba:
Another question.  The screenshot posted below should help explain.  I want to change the Program Files menu so that instead of looking like it does on the left of the screenshot, it instead looks like what I show on the right.  Can you show me what to change in my *.iss script?

kyrathaba:
Solved it:

[_ISTool]
EnableISX=true

[Setup]
AppName=TestProgram
AppVerName=TestProgram1.0
MinVersion=4.1,4.0
DefaultDirName={pf}\Kyrathasoft
DefaultGroupName=Kyrathasoft
UninstallDisplayIcon={app}\UninstallCharCreator.exe
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=true
OutputBaseFilename=TestProgramSetup

[Files]
Source: scripts\isxdl\isxdl.dll; Flags: dontcopy
Source: src\TestProgForInnoSetup.exe; DestDir: {app}

[Messages]
WinVersionTooLowError=This application requires Windows NT4, Windows 98 or later.

[Icons]
Name: {group}\TestProgram; Filename: {app}\TestProgForInnoSetup.exe
Name: {group}\Uninstall TestProgram; Filename: {uninstallexe}
Name: {userdesktop}\Test Program; Filename: {app}\TestProgForInnoSetup.exe; Tasks: desktopicon

[Tasks]
Name: desktopicon; Description: {cm:CreateDesktopIcon}; GroupDescription: {cm:AdditionalIcons}

--- End quote ---

mouser:
Can i point out i also recently posted a tiny dll and inno script sample for people who want to have their programs shutdown automatically if running on install and uninstall:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=24786.0

kyrathaba:
Thanks for the link, Mouser.

One more question:

Say I want my setup to copy two files (a small JPG, and a small text file) to the same application as the directory.  How do I do that in the script?

mouser:
i'm confused -- are you just asking the general question of how you specify what files get installed by Inno Setup? Or is there something i'm missing?
ps. try one of the Inno Ides, they make life easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version