ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Wish: Run as Administrator

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
Start menu? What's that?-jpijper (January 05, 2011, 12:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup:

rjbull:
I've been running Windows 7 for some time, and I'm frequently annoyed by the need to execute certain tasks under special authority.-CWuestefeld (January 04, 2011, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I run PC Magazine's cheap Run As Admin Controller.  This has to be installed as Admin, and run (as a service?) thereafter, and you have to launch programs via RAAC, but it's less fuss than native Windows.

A probably better solution is a free one-time fix mentioned in the PowerPro Yahoo! Group here:
> Has anyone been able to run PowerPro in Windows 7?

Yes. Here is a reliable workaround to bypass UAC-restrictions only for specific
programs (like powerpro). Autostart and everything else works fine for me, with
UAC enabled in general:

1. Download ACT & Install:
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=24DA89E9-B581-47B0-B45E\
-492DD6DA2971&displaylang=en

2. Run "Compatibility Administrator" as Admin (via context menu)
3. Right click Entry "New Database (1) [Untitled]"
4. Choose in menu "Creat New"-> "Application Fix"
5. Give a name and Browse for powerpro.exe
6. On the next step choose Operating System Mode "None"
7. On the next step check "RunAsInvoker" to bypass UAC (scroll down the list)
8. The next step is to specify further details for security reasons (leave blank
if you're unsure)
9. Proceed & Save your Data -> close the tool
10. Run command prompt as Admin and execute:
sdbinst [yourPath]\[yourFile.sdb]

--- End quote ---

This points you to Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6:
Brief Description

The Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) version 5.6 contains the necessary tools and documentation to evaluate and mitigate application compatibility issues before deploying Windows 7®, Windows Vista®, a Windows Update, or a new version of Windows Internet Explorer® in your environment.

--- End quote ---
In this case, you can set a program to not need to be run as Admin.  In the case of PowerPro, I find the program loads OK without the Admin prompt.  It complains that it isn't running as admin, but I think that's PowerPro itself not knowing what's happened.  I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's experience with this method.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version