ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I want a game for Christmas: turn-based

(1/6) > >>

timns:
So anyway, change of plan. I'm going to be in the UK for Christmas, and by the looks of it, probably snowed-in with the in-laws.  :o

I'll have a reasonable spec'd laptop to hand, and I think I'd like to take a nice game with me to wile away a few hours, something to get my teeth into after the Christmas day sprout mountain.

I'm looking for something turn-based since I have the reflexes of a sloth, and ideally in the fantasy/sci-fi genre. Strategy or RPG is good.

Hit me up with some nice suggestions please folks!

Renegade:
Try Magic the Gathering Online. Addictive. Also can be costly if you want it to be. :)

timns:
Try Magic the Gathering Online. Addictive. Also can be costly if you want it to be. :)
-Renegade (December 19, 2010, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice suggestion - I did enjoy MtG a great deal back in the day. If it can also be played offline, that would be a good start.

Keep 'em coming!

doctorfrog:
TBS fantasy, eh:
I've heard Age of Wonders is pretty good: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/age_of_wonders_shadow_magic
If your lappy can handle it, Civ IV is cheap, great, and has Fall From Heaven, a very deep fantasy mod.

Shades:
Sins of a Solar Empire

Excellent strategy game in my book. Not too expensive, even with the expansion kit...and no DRM!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version