ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Learn how to donate without paying!!

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
I cannot help feeling that these companies are using our charitable motivations to build a cheap marketing list for later on.
-timns (December 15, 2010, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm sure that is the case.
I mean there's not much point in downloading this unless you actually have use for it -
but if you do, it's a good app

timns:
I cannot help feeling that these companies are using our charitable motivations to build a cheap marketing list for later on.
-timns (December 15, 2010, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm sure that is the case.
I mean there's not much point in downloading this unless you actually have use for it -
but if you do, it's a good app
-tomos (December 16, 2010, 01:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

It looks very good. I'm just old and cynical... it staggers me that folks would spend, say, an hour clicking some dumb tab to earn the charity 10c. The real winners can only be the fat cats behind the promotion.  :(

Deozaan:
it staggers me that folks would spend, say, an hour clicking some dumb tab to earn the charity 10c.-timns (December 16, 2010, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're missing the point of the Chrome for a Cause.

As I understand, if all you do is open a billion tabs then you will probably be "disqualified" for gaming the system. The idea is that you probably open and close a lot of tabs during the day during your normal browsing routine. So wouldn't it be great if by just doing what you do every day your actions could contribute to a charity? With no extra effort or money on your part (aside from installing the extension and telling it which charity to donate to)?

It certainly makes what is potentially otherwise meaningless and generally a waste of time do some good for once. :Thmbsup:

timns:
it staggers me that folks would spend, say, an hour clicking some dumb tab to earn the charity 10c.-timns (December 16, 2010, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're missing the point of the Chrome for a Cause.

-Deozaan (December 18, 2010, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably... I didn't look very closely since it reminded me too much of some 'pay per click' thing. Personally I'd rather keep my browsing to myself and just send cash  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version