ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

can u recommend Computer Beginner's book(s)

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
getting in late on the christmas pressies:

no access to a book shop till it's too late for xmas - can anyone recommend a book or series of books for absolute-beginners/basic-users on the PC (Windows 7). It is for a 'senior' but doesnt have to have big text but I suppose it's no harm - I was thinking of the Windows 7 For Seniors For Dummies

Another edit/ it's for a couple, she's very mouse centric but he prefers using the keyboard - I suspect a lot of beginner books might ignore this aspect (extensive use of keyboard shortcuts)

thanks in advance :)

[edit] on Amazon I get to look in the book - and see the table of contents and index - super, I've no idea what the thing is really like... [/edit]

cranioscopical:
I always think those For Dummies books are okay to buy for myself (you can guess why!) but a little insulting to give to others.

tomos:
I always think those For Dummies books are okay to buy for myself (you can guess why!) but a little insulting to give to others.
-cranioscopical (December 18, 2010, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, I know what you mean :D but in this case I think no offence would be taken!

also edited original post
Another edit/ it's for a couple, she's very mouse centric but he prefers using the keyboard - I suspect a lot of beginner books might ignore this aspect (extensive use of keyboard shortcuts)
-tomos (December 18, 2010, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
I like the "Head First" series, by O'Reilly.

mahesh2k:
Annoyances.org has some good books for beginners to learn operating systems. I think O'reilly publishes their stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version