ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder.com NEW SERVER ACTIVATED Dec 17, 2010

<< < (11/13) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Well done.

The page kept appearing and disappearing yesterday (presumably flaky DNS propogation and interesting attempts at routing).

Seem stable now though.  :-*
-Carol Haynes (December 31, 2010, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yesterday there was some major problems with the internet backbone, amongst a few other things, which caused problems for a whole bunch of users.  I would say, only around 60% of people who tried to connect yesterday, did so with any luck, others where hit with a 404 page. (I was struck with 404 unless i used proxy)

Anyhow, all seems fine and dandy with the internet as of now, and everything is back to 100% (or as close as they can ever get to it lol)

worstje:
I just ran across this link elsewhere on the forums, and since I see some sort of placeholder page, I assume the server migration might not have transfered that one properly. It might be nice to fix it. (it is the NANY page for 2007, the inaugural year.)

mouser:
thanks for pointing that out! will fix.

mouser:
Just a quick update:

Thanks to Gothi[c] and XDebug, we have conclusively identified the problem with the slow posting, and it should be fixed now.

The first clue was what i did myself to improve it, which was remove some custom code that was emailing each new post for archiving.

The connection i dind't make is that when people subscribe for notifications on a thread, this also causes emails to be generated when some threads are posted on, which made posting on those threads slow.

I'll post again as soon as we have the emailing speeds fixed and things should be superfast then.

mouser:
Let's see how fast this new post goes through..

ok folks i think the posting speed issue should be fixed and should be super fast now.  let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version