ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder.com NEW SERVER ACTIVATED Dec 17, 2010

<< < (6/13) > >>

mouser:
the registrar is TotalChoice hosting, but the reason the nameserver propagation happened so incredibly fast is due to a few things, that maybe Gothi[c] can elaborate on:

* We set the TLS to lowest values weeks ago, which informs everyone that they have to recheck often for possible changes in the DNS.
* We still have the old server up and changed its nameserver data to point to the new server -- so even when the old server was queried it had info about the new server.
These two things mean that most people got updated to the new server dns in minutes instead of days.  Again you can thank Gothi[c] the DC server admin for knowing how to do this.  :up:

Ashraf:
Mouser,

Very clever; I need to remember to change the TLS when moving servers.

I will look into TotalChoice as a domain registrar, but I am leaning towards Internet.bs as my next domain registrar. I have heard really good things about them and they are the cheapest around.

Cheers Gothi[c].

y0himba:
I have been with Dreamhost for YEARS and have had no issues except for the occasional Jabber server reset.  Never been happier and I host 12 domains with them.

mouser:
Am i the only one experiencing DC forum as being very fast to browse, but as having gotten verrrrrry sloooooooooooowwwwwww shen you submit a new post (or post modication).

40hz:
Am i the only one experiencing DC forum as being very fast to browse, but as having gotten verrrrrry sloooooooooooowwwwwww shen you submit a new post (or post modication).
-mouser (December 25, 2010, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Add me to the list. (And here I though it was just a lousy wifi connection)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version