ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Wireless sensor

<< < (10/11) > >>

Ath:
I've used this key/profile decription in the past to enable num-lock on the logon screen, so it could be worth a shot to try running/launching it from there.
-Stoic Joker (January 04, 2011, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was on Windows NT, and for newly created accounts only, from W2K on it (sort of) remembered the last state of num-lock

4wd:
Okay, this is either the right answer, or the stupidest thing I've ever said...I'm not sure which (be gentile).

But, I ran across this: Displaying server/domain name on the logon screen.-Stoic Joker (January 09, 2011, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

A quick peruse of the thread seemed to indicate that someone wanted the same thing, (dynamically updated logon background), but there didn't seem to be an answer.  I'll have a more indepth peruse when I'm fully awake later today, (0334 here currently).

So if the service is creating a plain text file, why not have it create an .htm file, and set the logon screen's wallpaper to that. Assuming the page could be made to auto-refresh and display status changes it could work.
--- End quote ---

Is it possible to do that on XP, (have a webpage as a background on the logon screen) ?

I think Active Desktop provides this while a user is logged on, (not that I've ever used it), but from what I've looked at so far, the logon screen appears to be completely static with the exception of being able to put some text on it, the LegalNoticeText, which is also static.

I'm frankly amazed I was able to display something on top of it at the initial appearance, considering nothing I've tried following a user logoff seems to work - even when run as LOCAL SYSTEM using the AT command.

Stoic Joker:
I've used this key/profile decription in the past to enable num-lock on the logon screen, so it could be worth a shot to try running/launching it from there.
-Stoic Joker (January 04, 2011, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was on Windows NT, and for newly created accounts only, from W2K on it (sort of) remembered the last state of num-lock
-Ath (January 09, 2011, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
I never actually played with NT4 much, so I can't say much there. But I do recall using that trick on an XP machine for a client that had an alphanumeric password and couldn't remember to hit numlock.

Also MS still has a KB article for it: How do I enable the NUM LOCK key for the logon screen?

Stoic Joker:
Is it possible to do that on XP, (have a webpage as a background on the logon screen) ?-4wd (January 09, 2011, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

The gist of the thread seemed to be that it would/did work before (with older OSs), but the OP was having trouble getting it to work on Server08 R2. So I'm hoping that doing it on XP wont be a wild goose chase.

4wd:
Is it possible to do that on XP, (have a webpage as a background on the logon screen) ?-4wd (January 09, 2011, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

The gist of the thread seemed to be that it would/did work before (with older OSs), but the OP was having trouble getting it to work on Server08 R2. So I'm hoping that doing it on XP wont be a wild goose chase.
-Stoic Joker (January 09, 2011, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I might have a look at bginfo, (and it's forums), then and see if anyone has run across/solved the same problem.

Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version