ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Wireless sensor

<< < (6/11) > >>

techidave:
Thanks 4wd, I have downloaded it. 

At one of my schools, there is mail and dns that are available internally that are on all the time. 

At another school, we use an external dns there.  However, there are several servers that are available 24/7.

forgive me for not using the quote feature, I seem to be having a senior moment(s) on how it works.  :-[

But 4wd, you said to copy "it", what is "it"?  In the zip file, I only see 5 files of which one is the netcheck.exe.  perhaps that is it?

techidave:
AVG just caught it as a virus.  I am sure that there isn't one.  Probably just the autoit script?

techidave:
I have joined my domain but now it takes forever to "run the startup script".  Like 5 or 6 minutes.

techidave:
I just was playing around with it and discovered that it doesn't work if one just logs off, closes the lid on the laptop, and then opens it up again.  It would be nice because when I just logged in again, the wireless wasn't active so my desktop folder re-direction didn't work.  A simple refresh fixes this.  But my users (student and teachers) don't remember that this can be done.

So the short question is can the icon show up any other time the login window is there without doing a restart or power on?

4wd:
But 4wd, you said to copy "it", what is "it"?  In the zip file, I only see 5 files of which one is the netcheck.exe.  perhaps that is it?-techidave (December 20, 2010, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, sorry, just copy the NetCheck.exe file to the two locations.

AVG just caught it as a virus.  I am sure that there isn't one.  Probably just the autoit script?-techidave (December 20, 2010, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Possibly because AutoIt packs it with UPX by default - attached is a non-packed version.  Try that, if it still complains then the only thing I can think of is because it writes an ini file to the Windows directory - which seems a bit to militant for a anti-virus program - if so, then I can change from an ini file to all command line arguments.

I have joined my domain but now it takes forever to "run the startup script".  Like 5 or 6 minutes.-techidave (December 20, 2010, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here it only takes a few seconds to run it, the tooltip shows up after the login screen, however it looks like you're using the 'classic' login screen and not the newer XP Welcome type - something that I ought to of thought of but didn't  :-[    So a bit more testing.

EDIT: Just tried again with classic logon and it works OK here.  The logon prompt shows up immediately with tooltip showing up a few seconds later, both when there is and isn't a connection.  The NetCheck.exe should return immediately, (well, it does from a normal CLI), I wonder if it's possible to try running with the RunAs command, (sorry, no experience with that - perhaps SJ can help)?

I don't suppose anyone could tell me how to set up a simple Domain that I could try and replicate this with, (I can set up another laptop as a Domain Controller under XP Pro)?

Caveat: Currently it doesn't reinitialise itself to display on the logon screen if the current user logs off - that's about it.  I'm still looking at fixing this by calling it again, (probably needs higher privileges so it can display on the logon screen again).-4wd (December 19, 2010, 10:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

So the short question is can the icon show up any other time the login window is there without doing a restart or power on?-techidave (December 20, 2010, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I'm still looking at fixing ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version