ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I wish I'd had this when I was learning physics

<< < (3/4) > >>

tomos:
I think they've been discovered.  :)

All the download links on their website were returning a 'server error' message yesterday whenever I tried them.  :huh:
-40hz (December 15, 2010, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

same here (yesterday) but it's working for me now  :up:

ljbirns:
and we're talking UC Berkeley
--- End quote ---

I did  a course on the web by Isabel Pafford from Berkeley on  the ancient Mediterranean World and another on the Roman Empire that I thought were just great.

rgdot:
Memories of high school and university. Thanx :)

superboyac:
and we're talking UC Berkeley
--- End quote ---

I did  a course on the web by Isabel Pafford from Berkeley on  the ancient Mediterranean World and another on the Roman Empire that I thought were just great.
-ljbirns (December 15, 2010, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah...I shouldn't be all that critical.  I was in the Engineering program, and it was rare enough to have a prof who didn't have a thick accent.  Then, it was even more rare to have a prof that was a skilled and effective teacher.  So, most of the time, it was very hard to understand what was being said, and furthermore, even if you did understand it, it wasn't anything all that interesting.  Here...let's derive this long ass formula for an hour, even though it's already derived in multiple textbooks.  I love how Walter Lewin always specifically mentions that he's not going to get into the details, 'it's in the book, he'll say" but he'll make truly thought provoking statements that really speak to your mind.

ljbirns:
Yep  Walter Lewin made me LIKE physics  and even  understand 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version