ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Learn how to donate without paying!!

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
Sorry if I made you expect an instruction on how to commit something dodgy, but a special title was needed to get your attention! This is indeed not about cheating, but about "free charity"; how to do good deeds without paying!

http://www.loadandhelp.com

You can now download SoftMaker Office 2008 and a font package free of charge - and do good at the same time.

That´s because until December 31, SoftMaker donates 10 Euro cents for every download, supporting aid and development projects around the world.

Tell your friends and colleagues about our Load and Help 2010 campaign.
Our goal is to surpass last year´s donations of 6,089 Euro!

Find out more:
http://www.loadandhelp.com
-SoftMaker Load & Help
--- End quote ---

Load and Help 2010 offers three free software packages until December 31:

* SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows
    * SoftMaker Office 2008 for Linux
    * A collection of 80 premium-quality typefaces

* You may use these packages free of charge permanently. You are even entitled to free tech support and to future upgrades at reduced prices.

* SoftMaker donates € 0.10 for every successful download to well-chosen development and charity projects on betterplace.org

Download now and spread the word! The more downloads, the more we donate! Every download counts! Tell friends and colleagues about this campaign, post the news on Facebook, Twitter, in web forums etc. etc. ...

http://www.loadandhelp.com-loadandhelp.com
--- End quote ---

tomos:
That's pretty good, [the offered version -2008] cannot handle MS's most recent formats but still a very good app

The upgrade to 2010 version [ which can handle MS's most recent formats] costs around $50 at the moment ($80 full price)

[edits in square brackets]

rjbull:
That's pretty good, cant handle MS's most recent formats but still a very good app

The upgrade to 2010 version costs around $50 at the moment ($80 full price)
-tomos (December 13, 2010, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

You probably meant that Softmaker Office 2010 does handle recent M$ files, as it claims to?

Quoting Softmaker's e-mail to me:

You are registered as a user of an older "free edition" of SoftMaker
Office.

A new version, SoftMaker Office 2010, is now available.

You can now upgrade to the full-fledged SoftMaker Office 2010 at
a hefty 50% discount. Until December 6, we also include a free 4
GByte USB flash drive and have slashed shipping fees to just 1 cent!

The USB flash drive comes with a portable version of SoftMaker
Office pre-installed. You can take this flash drive wherever you go
and run it on any Windows PC without any need to install it.

--- End quote ---

That's a good deal especially if you got in by 6th December.

tomos:
That's pretty good, cant handle MS's most recent formats but still a very good app

The upgrade to 2010 version costs around $50 at the moment ($80 full price)
-tomos (December 13, 2010, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

You probably meant that Softmaker Office 2010 does handle recent M$ files, as it claims to?
-rjbull (December 13, 2010, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, thanks rj, my post was unclear - I edited it (hopefully) for clarity

I took advantage of that offer (for a friend whos learning to use a pc!) - even got a comprehensive user manual, a rare thing these days!
The pre'installed' usbstick wouldnt work on windows 7 or XP (complained about being read only but is write-protected so cannot change... I can always format it and it's a 4gig kingston drive)

f0dder:
I took advantage of that offer (for a friend whos learning to use a pc!) - even got a comprehensive user manual, a rare thing these days!-tomos (December 13, 2010, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
As in a printed version? That would be something! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version