ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Crime pays - and our governments love it.

<< < (2/3) > >>

kyrathaba:
Unfortunately, we're living in a time where accountability is selectively rather than universally enforced.  I myself am held accountable at my place of work, but our CEO is protected by the corrupt chairman of the board.  Same thing in government.  The little guy gets the shaft, but wherever accountability would adversely affect the truly wealthy or politically powerful, it is conveniently subverted.

J-Mac:
You really should have mentioned that this news is from February 2009. According to a search on Google, most seems to have been in the form of "overnight emergency loans" to member banks and Wall Street firms and supposedly has been since repaid.

More disturbing IMO is the list of whom received money from the financial bail out - like McDonald's, Harley Davidson, Verizon, GE...

Jim

Stoic Joker:
More disturbing IMO is the list of whom received money from the financial bail out - like McDonald's, Harley Davidson, Verizon, GE...-J-Mac (December 13, 2010, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Harley Davidson isn't disturbing, it's an American institution (right up there with Chevy, Ford, & Smith & Wesson) - Now if Yamaha got bail out money that would be disturbing.  ;)

rgdot:
Government spending and waste or incompetence do not bother me anywhere as much as those who are part of it and benefit from it but claim it is a bad thing.

J-Mac:
Here's a quick glimpse of the top 14 "Most Shocking" recipients according to Businessinsider.com:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-surprising-things-about-the-feds-emergency-loans-2010-12?slop=1#slideshow-start

(Click on the "View as one page" link at bottom right of the photo).

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version