ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Color Warlock

<< < (16/26) > >>

mouser:
excellent!

myarmor:
It's claimed that this post is rather old, but it's listed on the "contact us" in the help, so..

I'm using 2.0.0.11.
It would be nice if it were possible to set the text/foreground color for one or all of the colors in the list.
If the colors is to be used as background colors, then it's nice to have a way to see if it 'fits'
the expected foreground color (and the other way around).

Apparently the code is mostly present already, as the foreground seem to change on its own
at times (example Random Colors: #800080 has white foreground, while #D5FB14 have a black(ish) foreground).

It'd be nice if there was a way to generate a variable number of of colors fitting a certain foreground color
optionally as far from eachother as possible, i.e easily distinguishable from eachother, and where the text can
also be easily read.

I encountered the latter function in a program several years ago, but I can't remember which program it was (it had to
do with css/html editing though).

hamradio:
It's claimed that this post is rather old, but it's listed on the "contact us" in the help, so..

I'm using 2.0.0.11.
It would be nice if it were possible to set the text/foreground color for one or all of the colors in the list.
If the colors is to be used as background colors, then it's nice to have a way to see if it 'fits'
the expected foreground color (and the other way around).

Apparently the code is mostly present already, as the foreground seem to change on its own
at times (example Random Colors: #800080 has white foreground, while #D5FB14 have a black(ish) foreground).

It'd be nice if there was a way to generate a variable number of of colors fitting a certain foreground color
optionally as far from eachother as possible, i.e easily distinguishable from eachother, and where the text can
also be easily read.

I encountered the latter function in a program several years ago, but I can't remember which program it was (it had to
do with css/html editing though).
-myarmor (May 20, 2012, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right now the foreground color is checked against the brightness of the background color.  Your idea seems like one I may implement soon on the color or at least have the option of overriding the contrasting feature to set your own global foreground color. That way it could be either user set or use the color warlock function that determines what it should be based on the brightness of it. I cant promise when I can get around to working on it again, but hopefully sometime in the next few weeks. :up:

myarmor:
Right now the foreground color is checked against the brightness of the background color.  Your idea seems like one I may implement soon on the color or at least have the option of overriding the contrasting feature to set your own global foreground color. That way it could be either user set or use the color warlock function that determines what it should be based on the brightness of it. I cant promise when I can get around to working on it again, but hopefully sometime in the next few weeks. :up:
-hamradio (May 20, 2012, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you go with the "set your own global foreground color", please make it so you can set it straight from the menu or something.
Maybe store it to the current color config.

In addition, it might have something like a "Use Custom Foreground color(s)" toggle to enable/disable custom colors, i.e it remembers the foreground color(s)
for the current set, but doesn't apply it/them unless that toggle is checked.

hamradio:
Sorry for the delay myarmour, but I have gotten around to working on it a little tonight and I have got a global color value that saves it to the global prefs tonight and it can be toggled, but it remembers the last used setting.  It will be in the next version I upload  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version