topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 11:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality  (Read 13847 times)

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Oh I certainly don't expect honesty from "actors" in a system that assigns little or no value to it. Our economic system values profit and growth above virtually all else. The ends tend to justify the means. So yeah, of course advertisers are dishonest. I just don't like it. :D

- Oshyan

AndyM

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I just don't like it.

Me neither, it's such a waste. 
Just think of all the useful information that could be communicated.

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 08:03 PM »
I find this hilarious because I have seen both sides.  Of course I have seen the side argued here many times; but when I worked my way through college, I worked at the Olive Garden as a waiter.  You would not believe how many people believed our advertised food (brought out on a tray) was fake.  Many of these same people would grab for them and then the surprise on their face was priceless when they learned they had to go to the washroom to clean the food off their hands.  LOL...

Management hated it because it caused so much waste - they often had to remake the display after each such encounter, but we rarely prevented it - it was just too hilarious.  Does go to show how ingrained it is in our head that it can't really look that good when served though.