ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can we talk about mkv files here please?

<< < (2/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
When MakeMKV won't do the rip I try this:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVDFab_Passkey

The betas are released so frequently that it never has a chance to expire. Just a pita to install so frequently.

I think they have spun off(pun intended) a free version. Not sure what the limitations are.  As long as the fully enabled betas are there I see no need to experiment with the lite one.

superboyac:
Do any of you have any experience with AnyDVD?  I'm thinking of purchasing their lifetime license soon because starting 2011, they won't be offering lifetime licenses anymore.  If I get it, will that solve the potential copyright problems I may run into using stuff like Makemkv to backup my dvd's?
I have to say, I really don't particularly like most of the so called solutions on videohelp and doom9.  I know they get the job done, but they are usually command line things, with difficult to understand settings, no real product pages, horrible interfaces, etc.  I'm perfectly willing to spend $100 to bypass all that headache.

cthorpe:
I have a lifetime AnyDVD license.

I use a lot of multimedia when creating educational videos.  I love that AnyDVD is just sitting there and lets me use whatever program I want to get clips.  Occasionally, a new release DVD has a copy protection scheme that stumps AnyDVD.  I can't recall an instance, however, where the devs didn't release an update within a week or two that solved the problem.

Disclaimer - I always follow Fair Use guidelines when using copyrighted material in my videos.

superboyac:
I have a lifetime AnyDVD license.

I use a lot of multimedia when creating educational videos.  I love that AnyDVD is just sitting there and lets me use whatever program I want to get clips.  Occasionally, a new release DVD has a copy protection scheme that stumps AnyDVD.  I can't recall an instance, however, where the devs didn't release an update within a week or two that solved the problem.

Disclaimer - I always follow Fair Use guidelines when using copyrighted material in my videos.
-cthorpe (December 10, 2010, 11:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's awesome.  I'll have my license before the week's over.  Thanks so much.

Curt:
I have a lifetime AnyDVD license.-cthorpe (December 10, 2010, 11:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's awesome.  I'll have my license before the week's over. -superboyac (December 11, 2010, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

-you better remember! Lifetime keys will no longer be offered after new-year.

http://www.slysoft.com/anydvdhd.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version