Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 31, 2014, 03:25:55 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Google Drive launched  (Read 7263 times)
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »

The $50 for 1 TB at google is per month.

The best value seems to be 100 GB, since for the rest of them, doubling the space costs 1 cent more than the previous step (how odd).

Thank you.  That bit of the maths that Josh through up was boggling my mind.

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »

The $50 for 1 TB at google is per month.

The best value seems to be 100 GB, since for the rest of them, doubling the space costs 1 cent more than the previous step (how odd).

Thank you.  That bit of the maths that Josh through up was boggling my mind.

I am human, despite rumors to the contrary!!

Strength in Knowledge
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »

From here

Strength in Knowledge
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »

So Dropbox has ease of use on its side but not much else?
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »

That chart isn't entirely accurate about Dropbox. You can actually earn quite a bit of permanent free space from things such as referrals and uploading your photos/videos from your mobile device to your account.

I have never paid a penny to Dropbox and I have 17GB of storage on my free tier account.

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 03:39:24 AM »

Though highly unlikely, anyone ever found google customer service? I mean support via email or ticket? I have seen all their paid and free services are usually supported under one of their crappy interface forums.
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »

^ My company *pays* for Google Apps and hasn't been able to get support on some issues.

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »

Though highly unlikely, anyone ever found google customer service? I mean support via email or ticket? I have seen all their paid and free services are usually supported under one of their crappy interface forums.

Just like Microsoft then Wink

mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »

I am not paid customer of Skydrive so no idea about their service.Google apps for domain has 0 support so in case of critical data and issues, never going to trust big brands. Spider oak, dropbox and box on the other hand worth taking shot.
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »

I've actually talked directly with MS reps over the phone for support, not to mention email, ticket, and other means.  So, no, not really.

Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »

I've actually talked directly with MS reps over the phone for support, not to mention email, ticket, and other means.  So, no, not really.

Well I stand corrected - and equally amazed. My experience with MS is rather less encouraging!

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 12:58:26 AM »

I've used MS support many times and, for all but one, my experiences have been positive.

MS has a great support system in place.

Strength in Knowledge
Carol Haynes
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 06:27:50 AM »

Doesn't seem to be the same in the UK.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.07 ]