ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I figured something out about Apple's device restrictions: file management.

<< < (6/7) > >>

f0dder:
Crap! IE just crashed and took my lengthy response with it (the DC faithful breathe a collective sigh of relief).-Darwin (December 12, 2010, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
FireFox + It's All Text! = :-*

JavaJones:
Well said Darwin! For me it's nothing to do with a "team" or cheering for a particular product or anything remotely like that. I would be happy to leave Apple and their products and customers alone if they'd do the same. But they, their customers, and the press seem to like to talk a lot about how great they are, and when there's a lot of talk about something being the bee's knees that I don't think is even really the bee's anus, I feel compelled to speak up. ;)

It's a basic fairness drive I think; I see it as "unfair" that Apple gets this "free pass" as Darwin put it, while other companies do things that are arguably equally as good, or better, but don't get nearly the level of coverage and respect.

Meanwhile the principles that Apple is supposedly built on are violated constantly by Apple themselves when it suits them. Yes, ease of use and design are king, except when rights management, selling of accessories, or other business interests of Apple's take precedence. USB on iPad? Heck no, we need to sell these cable dongles! And that would be fine, after all pretty much any company puts profit first, what's galling about it is that Apple seems to maintain their "usability first" reputation despite repeated - and sometimes egregious - betrayals of that principle.

- Oshyan

nosh:
iCloud:  The real reason behind Apple's device restrictions emerges.

Think "my way or the highway, highway: unavailable".

Renegade:
iCloud:  The real reason behind Apple's device restrictions emerges.

Think "my way or the highway, highway: unavailable".

-nosh (June 07, 2011, 09:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

SpoilerMust... not... explode... in... profanity... must... maintain... control... AAARRRGGGHHH~~

:D

Stoic Joker:
Yeah, they want to get rid of the file system so they don't have to keep worrying about grossly mismanaging it. Want to jettison all that baggage (e.g. your files), and have a "fresh" start ... We've got an app for that. The "all new" iCloud data storage and disposal service...  :Thmbsup: Now your files are all :) ing gone and you didn't have to press delete!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version