ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft unveils new UI prototype - Windows 8?

<< < (13/13)

Stoic Joker:
I had one for my Sony Clie until that died. I ended up giving my keyboard to a friend who had one that still worked.

I really miss my Clie. It was a simple and reliable device that didn't try to do too much. But what it did do, it did brilliantly. I wrote the entire first draft of a book on that little bugger. Too bad Sony scrapped it's PDAs and went completely over to smartphones.-40hz (June 06, 2011, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

You want another one (Sony Clie that is)? I got one sitting in the closet I never could figure out a use for.
-Stoic Joker (June 06, 2011, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. But I already gave away all my software and accessories and have since moved on to other things. And migrated all that data too. Boy was that ever a pain. Wish I got your offer three years ago! You could have named your price...  ;D (Story of my life.  :-\)-40hz (June 06, 2011, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine too apparently ... Damn things been that closet for four years...

:D

40hz:
^Wonder if its battery will still hold a decent charge if it's been 4 years since it last got plugged in.  :huh:

Stoic Joker:
^Wonder if its battery will still hold a decent charge if it's been 4 years since it last got plugged in.  :huh:
-40hz (June 07, 2011, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-\ Good Question... I (just put it on charge) guess we'll find out in the morning... ;)

Josh:
Does anyone remember this from way back?

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/dcr/work/taskgallery/

Stoic Joker:
^Wonder if its battery will still hold a decent charge if it's been 4 years since it last got plugged in.  :huh:
-40hz (June 07, 2011, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-\ Good Question... I (just put it on charge) guess we'll find out in the morning... ;)-Stoic Joker (June 07, 2011, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be a no...Much as you suspected. It was still deader than a door nail after an overnight charge. Battery looks replacable, but I haven't looked at it yet (cound be ugly...).

Does anyone remember this from way back?

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/dcr/work/taskgallery/
-Josh (June 07, 2011, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do vaguely remember that. (hehe) Talk about a blast from the past ... Cool find!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version